Thread: ASBK in 2014

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So, back on topic, it really now seems inevitable that ASBK is dead, for at least this year and I'll go out on a limb and say until the board and CEO of MA are replaced. No factory teams, a 'reduced schedule' which will wither up into 'none at all' before we ever get on track......

So it seems that FX will win by default. Which would be ok if it wasn't for the crazy rules and weird scheduling (race weekends are now a mandatory 3 days, with qualifying on Friday I am told - although I'm yet to read the new rules myself). Thoughts??

http://www.cycleonline.com.au/2014/0...asbk-schedule/
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    So, back on topic, it really now seems inevitable that ASBK is dead, for at least this year and I'll go out on a limb and say until the board and CEO of MA are replaced. No factory teams, a 'reduced schedule' which will wither up into 'none at all' before we ever get on track......

So it seems that FX will win by default. Which would be ok if it wasn't for the crazy rules and weird scheduling (race weekends are now a mandatory 3 days, with qualifying on Friday I am told - although I'm yet to read the new rules myself). Thoughts??

http://www.cycleonline.com.au/2014/0...asbk-schedule/
    Can read them here Marshy.. http://www.formula-xtreme.com.au/xtr...3?opendocument

Yes its 3 day with Qualy on Friday, but you can choose to start from rear afield on the Saturday, and Sunday is potentially linked to Saturday (at time of initial communication.) Terry was soliciting feedback from racers into the format as its how we ran the last round of FX last year. Most people were there for all 3 days for every round they entered so qualifying after you had been on the bike and settled in for a few sessions worked well for those of us that tend to fall over in the first session....

I think its an improvement but it may affect others differently...
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post
    I think its an improvement but it may affect others differently...
    Actually I completely agree, Mick. I've never not done a Friday practice for any meet that they were available for. Often they are my favourite day of the weekend on track. But I was chatting to a race regular tonight and he mentioned that it would adversely affect his costs and work schedule.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Thread Information