Quote Originally Posted by Nelso View Post
Yeah, I heard that little doozy too. Apparently they only had 6 booked into red before they started ringing around. It was definitely frowned upon by the Sydney crew and is going to be brought up by the Sydney management about how dangerous it was with the team at Melbourne. Hopefully, they will never pull that sort of stunt again. I just hope the guys they booked into red that shouldn't have been there don't think it is ok to keep booking into red from now on.

As for the oil spill. You can't prepare for that kind of special. He nearly crashed at turn one after dropping oil all the way down the straight, only to re-enter the track and cover race line all the way between turn 1 and 2. Turns out he didn't do his oil filter up tight enough after learning to do an oil change watching Youtube. At least it got cleaned up quicker with everyone helping; it would have taken 2 hours without everyone's help.
I was phoned more than once leading up to the weekend asking if I wanted to move to red group and I said no, due to not knowing the new track at all. After doing green on saturday and getting held up a fair bit, I decided if the same happened monday, I would move up. Monday was pretty bad in green, first session on brand new slicks, first couple of laps not even knee down passing people around the outside, it was scary slow.

I think once they get the timing system sorted out properly it should be a little better? But I guess with the full circuit, 45 people in each group you get more of a disparity in times.

It was interesting going into the new section thinking there wasn't room to get around people before that downhill lefthander, then I think it may have been you Nelso? Got passed me in the switchbacks at the top very nice and smoothly, lot more room through there than I realised!

Another guy, one of the scrutineers who checked my bike in the morning, passed me in a couple of sessions, once out of that downhill tight hairpin, so fast an smooth, was amazing, so awesome to watch! I chatted to him in the cafe, said it was unreal! Then later on I was passing a bloke into four, already hard on the anchors and he passed me waving, unreal!

But back to the different groups, I guess if the timing is set up properly, then you will end up in the group you should be in, will make it safer and better for everyone involved.

Oh, false neutral into turn one made me soil myself. Probably could've done with a clean up myself after that...