Thread: Eastern Creek GP Circuit May 8 & 9

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yeh right, I get what you're saying. Have you set up your sag and whatnot? How much travel do you use up front? I had my forks set up by Frank Pons at Biketec and they feel pretty amazing. After last trackday I always had about 15 to 20mm of travel left in the forks.

We set up the sag front and rear before the last day out there and he was asking me what my bike was doing in different parts of the track, ie diving too much nuder hard braking, difficulty in turn in, was I hitting my marks where I wanted to etc. running wide under power and whatnot. Everything felt pretty good to me and I was going to do a few changes to see if I could get it better, but at the same time, it felt amazing and I didn't want to make it worse! Mind you, keeping a diary of all changes, tyres, temperature on the day, comp/rebound preload etc means even if I do make a change for the worse, I can always put it back. I guess it could feel better and it's only a few clicks away! But I think at the moment, I'd be hard pressed to notice, or be able to understand differences? Also a bit scared I guess to make it bad and waste a session...

When you say the front being lower pressure feels awful you mean it's vague under braking and wants to push on exit when the pressure is higher? I didn't even think to change the front pressure, I was in ball park "recommended pressure" and it felt great, I would've thought higher pressure would lead to vagueness and pushing? Man, I have so much to learn! I ordered a set of K2's front and rear, but pretty sure I got the K1 front? Green stripe on rear tyre, blue on front. I can read k2 on the rear, but the number on the front is smudged, so ca only go off colour? The front felt good, but I also thought the front superbike pro felt good and to be honest, I'm not that sure I would notice the difference in a front

I was talking to my mate who is fairly into the dark arts of suspension, he was using all the travel up front and still looking to soften things up. He's been trying loads of different changes lately to his bike. I will go down this path soon.

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    Yeh right, I get what you're saying. Have you set up your sag and whatnot? How much travel do you use up front? I had my forks set up by Frank Pons at Biketec and they feel pretty amazing. After last trackday I always had about 15 to 20mm of travel left in the forks.

We set up the sag front and rear before the last day out there and he was asking me what my bike was doing in different parts of the track, ie diving too much nuder hard braking, difficulty in turn in, was I hitting my marks where I wanted to etc. running wide under power and whatnot. Everything felt pretty good to me and I was going to do a few changes to see if I could get it better, but at the same time, it felt amazing and I didn't want to make it worse! Mind you, keeping a diary of all changes, tyres, temperature on the day, comp/rebound preload etc means even if I do make a change for the worse, I can always put it back. I guess it could feel better and it's only a few clicks away! But I think at the moment, I'd be hard pressed to notice, or be able to understand differences? Also a bit scared I guess to make it bad and waste a session...

When you say the front being lower pressure feels awful you mean it's vague under braking and wants to push on exit when the pressure is higher? I didn't even think to change the front pressure, I was in ball park "recommended pressure" and it felt great, I would've thought higher pressure would lead to vagueness and pushing? Man, I have so much to learn! I ordered a set of K2's front and rear, but pretty sure I got the K1 front? Green stripe on rear tyre, blue on front. I can read k2 on the rear, but the number on the front is smudged, so ca only go off colour? The front felt good, but I also thought the front superbike pro felt good and to be honest, I'm not that sure I would notice the difference in a front

I was talking to my mate who is fairly into the dark arts of suspension, he was using all the travel up front and still looking to soften things up. He's been trying loads of different changes lately to his bike. I will go down this path soon.
    Under hard braking with the lower pressure and softer tyre it squirms too much (feels like the tyre itself), so turning into a corner like T9 under really hard braking doesn't feel as good to me as with the higher pressure. I think the k1s are blue and k2 is green off the top of my head. I run about 15-20mm remaining travel in the front end. The less preload I can get away with the better the bike turns in for me.

Thread Information