Thread: STG at PI in June

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hopefully it wouldn't be too bad. I'd imagine a surface like that will act much the same as Broadford. Heaps of grip as long as it's not actually wet.

Im more destroyed that people are saying the 4 hour is gone. Like WTF StG that was the best race of the year. Ah well might make the move to TON stuff easier to swallow.

Quote Originally Posted by Binksy View Post
    Im more destroyed that people are saying the 4 hour is gone. Like WTF StG that was the best race of the year.
    I used to think so too, but it got a bit old for me. Mostly it's a shit time of year to be racing at fucken GOULBURN!! And if you're having a crack at the overall championship, relying on other people for your series points kinda sucks.

But enough about me. People have votes with their wallets, and the 4 hour has been poorly attended for a few years now. I think in part it's the issues above, and in part a reflection of the fact that St George (and all the race series, ASBK, FX) are struggling overall. The club is willing to run some rounds at a loss (eg Broadford was run at a significant loss every year, except maybe the first year), and even the Creek sometimes breaks even and sometimes doesn't. But it can't go on forever.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Thread Information