Thread: St George Rnd1 2015

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've been looking at the cost of club racing in Vic. Much cheaper than here. But why???
    Hartwell for eg. Less than $300 for 2 days racing at Broadford

Quote Originally Posted by Krackeye View Post
    I've been looking at the cost of club racing in Vic. Much cheaper than here. But why???
    Hartwell for eg. Less than $300 for 2 days racing at Broadford
    MV own Broadford, so track hire is much cheaper. There is also the fact that Victoria has some competition between tracks to keep them from price gouging.
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Quote Originally Posted by Nelso View Post
    MV own Broadford, so track hire is much cheaper. There is also the fact that Victoria has some competition between tracks to keep them from price gouging.
    cept PI.. they still charge whatever they want

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    cept PI.. they still charge whatever they want
    Yeah, but it's still cheaper to hire than the Creek. Not heaps cheaper, but enough to notice (about 30% less, give or take).

The Creek is a licence to print money. Demand far outstrips supply, so ARDC price gouge. It's criminal..... it's a public (NSW State govt) owned facility, which shouldn't hold users to ransom. That's us taxpayers that own it.

But ARDC have consistently shown to be money-hungry, politically-motivated dickheads, that are happy to screw over everyone they can.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

But ARDC have consistently shown to be money-hungry, politically-motivated dickheads, that are happy to screw over everyone they can.[/QUOTE]

Marshy, You have to learn to stop holding back and say what you think.
    Are you heading out tomorrow?
    Last edited by stevem; 26-01-2015 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    Marshy, You have to learn to stop holding back and say what you think.
    Are you heading out tomorrow?
    Yeah, I'm backward in coming forward for sure.

No mate; I've pulled the pin for tomorrow due to inclement weather. Actually, I will pop out and drop off an Arrow goodie to a certain TT member with some green bike, so I'll be there at some point. You?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Yeah, but it's still cheaper to hire than the Creek. Not heaps cheaper, but enough to notice (about 30% less, give or take).

The Creek is a licence to print money. Demand far outstrips supply, so ARDC price gouge. It's criminal..... it's a public (NSW State govt) owned facility, which shouldn't hold users to ransom. That's us taxpayers that own it.

But ARDC have consistently shown to be money-hungry, politically-motivated dickheads, that are happy to screw over everyone they can.

Doesn't NSW Gov license it to the ARDC to run? From recollection when the Gov ran it they lost money? Don't know what NSW Gov charge ARDC per year for the pleasure? You are right the few options available to Shitneysiders means ARDC charge more. How did MV get the cash to own Broady? What tracks does MNSW own ...?

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    Don't know what NSW Gov charge ARDC per year for the pleasure?
    99 year peppercorn lease, I think.

MNSW is working on owning a track at Nowra. At least they are doing something. MA had $10m of our money sitting in Scottish bank bonds or something equally unlikely, and you know how that turned out....

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    99 year peppercorn lease, I think.
    Seems the ARDC are as adept at losing money as the Gov ... maybe we are still paying off their cock ups financing V8 events ???

http://www.motoring.com.au/news/2013...upercars-36685

Thread Information