Thread: Replace OEM LHS TC/ABS switch BMW S1000RR

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Rick, So the two wires you joined together do traction and ABS ? Do you have your abs on the bike or is it removed ? My ABS pump has been removed, just wondering if that would trigger a fault code or something silly. Nice work man, get rid of all that crap on the left bar. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    Hi Rick, So the two wires you joined together do traction and ABS ? Do you have your abs on the bike or is it removed ? My ABS pump has been removed, just wondering if that would trigger a fault code or something silly. Nice work man, get rid of all that crap on the left bar. Cheers
    Hey Steve,
    I just used the wire in the photo to show which pins. It's normally open circuit and you just need a momentary switch to close it (same as OEM)
    My ABS is also removed. There are no codes coming up and as far as I can tell from the original switch block it is just a switch, albeit a complicated one.
    I can't be 100% sure until I can ride it and the bike goes through the TC self test. I'd ride it up the road if I didn't live opposite a highway patrolman.
    It's a good way to go to get rid of those vulnerable plastics even just to take the oem switch off for safe keeping
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Thread Information