Thread: St George round 5 & 6 Eastern creek 2/3 November

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post

Ed, if you're 70kgs what are you on about? If I was you I'd lay low about the weight. There are plenty of us with 20+ kgs on you
    Never ridden the bike in this new 'class' so I'm not too sure if I'd have any advantages! Last time I raced I was 85kgs...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    Never ridden the bike in this new 'class' so I'm not too sure if I'd have any advantages! Last time I raced I was 85kgs...
    So what's 10kg worth around the Gardner Circuit on a 300 twin?

The Ninga300 cup could be sponsored by Lite & Easy or Jenny Craig ....

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    So what's 10kg worth around the Gardner Circuit on a 300 twin?

The Ninga300 cup could be sponsored by Lite & Easy or Jenny Craig ....
    Not sure... but if on F1 the current issue is drivers having to lose weight 'cause 5Kg more equals something like 0.2sec/lap, I'm guessing on an even lighter and extremely underpowered vehicle (35hp?) it should prob be a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    Hey switch isn't a bad idea ... JayCar have some marine grade SPST I was eying off for your fan mod when I move to H2O for the radiator ... might get two of them and do some soldering this weekend.
    Get a good switch! I was just out in the shed AGAIN replacing the switch for the fan. The internals just keep breaking, which is really weird. I've got an even bigger, more solid one this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    Not sure... but if on F1 the current issue is drivers having to lose weight 'cause 5Kg more equals something like 0.2sec/lap, I'm guessing on an even lighter and extremely underpowered vehicle (35hp?) it should prob be a lot more.
    Yeah, it's heaps. Someone was telling me the perceived hp to kg ratio, but I forget now. Something like 3hp per 10kg. Needless to say it makes a big difference. Graham kept pulling away from me big-time on the straight bits at Broadford, and I said to him afterwards 'jeez that bike of yours has some mumbo', and he said 'it's just got 110hp' which is basically identical to mine. But he's probably 65kg and I'm almost 30kg more....
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Get a good switch! I was just out in the shed AGAIN replacing the switch for the fan. The internals just keep breaking, which is really weird. I've got an even bigger, more solid one this time.
    That's weird ... got to be related to vibration???

Well that's put me off the switch for the side stand idea because if it breaks I don't move, going to go with the plug with shorting wire to replace whole sensor, because it's pretty much bullet proof.

I might wire the fan to the unused light switch on the left hand bar ... that switch should work fine vibration wise.

Thread Information