Thread: Hello for Sydney

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yes... bought it off Richard. I think Di bought the second bike.

The suspension is stock. I could do with some advice in the suspension area. I have called several suspension tuners and they didnt seem to have too much to say about the beemer. Got any recommendations of any suspension guys (or advice what is needed to make them work on the track) who know about the s1000 in Sydney?

I might be seeking some advice from you from time to time if thats ok....minority groups need to stick together ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
    Welcome mate.
    Nice bike Don't worry about the names they might call you. You can't hear them over the exhaust
    You would've bought that from Richard? I thought Di was just leasing.
    What suspension is on that one?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
    Yes... bought it off Richard. I think Di bought the second bike.

The suspension is stock. I could do with some advice in the suspension area. I have called several suspension tuners and they didnt seem to have too much to say about the beemer. Got any recommendations of any suspension guys (or advice what is needed to make them work on the track) who know about the s1000 in Sydney?

I might be seeking some advice from you from time to time if thats ok....minority groups need to stick together ;-)
    Yes the suspension has some tricks to it. The problem is most experts don't know and go down their usual path which doesn't work. It took me a lot of time, frustration and money, but finally I have an understanding of it myself and it's a revelation.
    The front is ok or can be revalved. I've got a set of revalved oem front carts if you're interested. Was keeping them for a possible second bike, but it's never gonna happen. The rear shock though has to go at some point, if you're going to keep the bike and want to get the most out of it.

When you need I can give you some settings for the stockers for now.

Ask away, I'm happy to share any knowledge I can that has been shared with me, if it helps
    Others may poke fun, but you won't care when your giggling like a little girl when that engine gets on the cams around 10,000rpm and you punch the shifter at 14,500

Thanks for the support.

If you have some settings which I can start with that will be great. I want to have a couple of track days on it to get a feel before I get it looked at. That way I can have a reference I can work from.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
    Yes the suspension has some tricks to it. The problem is most experts don't know and go down their usual path which doesn't work. It took me a lot of time, frustration and money, but finally I have an understanding of it myself and it's a revelation.
    The front is ok or can be revalved. I've got a set of revalved oem front carts if you're interested. Was keeping them for a possible second bike, but it's never gonna happen. The rear shock though has to go at some point, if you're going to keep the bike and want to get the most out of it.

When you need I can give you some settings for the stockers for now.

Ask away, I'm happy to share any knowledge I can that has been shared with me, if it helps
    Others may poke fun, but you won't care when your giggling like a little girl when that engine gets on the cams around 10,000rpm and you punch the shifter at 14,500

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
    Thanks for the support.

If you have some settings which I can start with that will be great. I want to have a couple of track days on it to get a feel before I get it looked at. That way I can have a reference I can work from.

cheers
    When are you at the track next?

mind you.... that will tally about 6.....
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Thread Information