Thread: Onboard camera setups

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My Garmin Virb elite is pretty good, it's a bit more slim line than the go pro, it has built in gps, and lap data. Which saves hours of editing. A massive down side to CCTV footage in my book. Also the record button is Massine so can be turned on with gloves on.
    It also does G-forces and a few other things I've triedvto set it up so the dash can be seen as well as the track.

https://youtu.be/ehYXS3_Ag-c

I'm keen to here about these 3D cameras though. A few pretty cool vids have popped up on Facebook over the past few mths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    My Garmin Virb elite is pretty good, it's a bit more slim line than the go pro, it has built in gps, and lap data. Which saves hours of editing. A massive down side to CCTV footage in my book. Also the record button is Massine so can be turned on with gloves on.
    It also does G-forces and a few other things I've triedvto set it up so the dash can be seen as well as the track.
    This looks great! Does it take much set up for the included lap timing? I'm a bit of a spaz with this stuff and just like an easy to set up camera. Also, do you know how many Hz the GPS is? I was looking at the 360fly camera but now this might the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by chicken16 View Post
    This looks great! Does it take much set up for the included lap timing? I'm a bit of a spaz with this stuff and just like an easy to set up camera. Also, do you know how many Hz the GPS is? I was looking at the 360fly camera but now this might the way to go.
    No set up at all. Works best if it's on for a bit prior to recording to grab the satellites. It's super easy to edit (why I got it initially)

Not sure of the gps but times are within .09 of my AiM

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    No set up at all. Works best if it's on for a bit prior to recording to grab the satellites. It's super easy to edit (why I got it initially)

Not sure of the gps but times are within .09 of my AiM

The prices of these are better than the GoPro's. Can you Bluetooth a GPS booster like Qstarz to improve the lap timing function?

The prices of these are better than the GoPro's. Can you Bluetooth a GPS booster like Qstarz to improve the lap timing function?
    Not sure. I don't think there a need, it's pretty accurate as stock.

I was looking at the 360fly camera.
    I borrowed one at P.I. And broadford.
    It was really cool watching it back.
    Securing it to fairing stay was very stable as it was for go pro. Only problem is no dash info.
    2 cameras with overlay of footage might be a solution but a bit of extra fiddling and editing.
    Setup...

360 fly T1 broadford...

Go pro Siberia PI...

2013 Aprilia RSV4
    2005 Ducati 999s

Thread Information