Thread: Action camera's

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The one to have atm is the Black Edition... you need to keep an eye out as every now and then they're on sale somewhere. Kogan had them at $379 delivered about a week or 2 ago... There's rumour (and some decent evidence to support them) the GoPro4 is going to be released in December and that it will again double the specs. This will mean 1080p@120fps and 720p@240fps!! I might have to upgrade my computer before trying to edit those! hahaha

One thing to consider though, is the fact that they will probably record in 4K@30fps. Now I know almost no one has a 4K TV yet and that I said that higher fps is better than higher definition... but recording in 4K means the footage will be 'watchable' for a very long time. I used to have the old cameras that recorded in 240p and these days I look at the footage and wonder how good my imagination was back then! The only problem is that if the current black edition is anything to go by, the gopro4 won't hit these shores till late march at least.

Also, run your gopros in NTSC. There's no reason to run your camera in PAL these days. Back in the day, yeah... a lot of the TVs/monitors would only do PAL but I don't think there's any that won't recognise NTSC and switch to it automatically these days. It also means you get an extra 10fps...
    Last edited by Mr.Ed; 12-08-2013 at 11:36 AM.

Thread Information