Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
That's fricken awesome!! Where did you get a gyro camera??? When it stopped working towards the end, I wanted it to go back to working again. It really really shows the elevation changes that are otherwise virtually invisible in on-board footage.

I bought it on ebay when they had a $20off coupon thingy going... 128 delivery and I felt 108 was something I could part with in the event of a crash

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
That's very cool. Can you show us the camera? How would it stand up to a crash ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It would probably stand up as much as the camera would really... I reckon over the triples, where I have them mounted is still one of the safest places. I will however run it on the tail as well as I reckon it should be great for watching your body position... a lot more exposed there though.

As for where the camera/gimbal are mounted, 99% of ppl who see the picture or even look at the bike go "Fk... how the hell do you see the track???" and in all honesty it does not bother me at all. It's hard to tell from the video/pics but i's actually on the right side of the triple and it only covers like half the speedo when I'm tucked in, so fk all really. I have had the odd 'off the seat, near high side moment' and those are the only instances where I've hit my helmet on the camera. I've also broken a screen that way. Been thinking of making a mount to push the whole thing closer to the dash to try and mitigate that...

Here are a couple of shots:

Camera.jpgCamera1.jpg