Quote Originally Posted by Krackeye View Post
What are peoples thoughts on the 360' cameras? Novelty or a stayer?
Novelty in its current form. Until it loses the massive fish-eye effect, the appeal is very very limited. It makes bike action look soooooooooo far away, even if you're bumping fairings. That said, so did the first GoPro. So in 10 years, everything will probably be 360 degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Krackeye View Post
I guess if you forking out big dollars for a camera 4k is the way to go.
I respectfully disagree. The file size for editing and uploading to youtube is not worth it. It'd literally take days to upload a single race in 4k format. And besides, most computers (which let's be honest is where everyone watches youtube) aren't 4k capable, so you'd never see the high quality. Moreover (love that word) for fast action like bike racing a very high framerate is much more important than resolution. The advantage of a high-end 4k camera is to film in 720p at 120fps, rather than 4k at 15 or 30 fps, or even 1080 at 60fps. The action is smoother, slow motion replays hold twice (or more) as much detail etc. Buy a good camera for the framerate, not the resolution. I've got a 4k camera, but I film in 720p at 120fps. Smaller filesize, better action-picture quality, and you need to downsample it to have a realistically uploadable file size anyway, so the high detail is always lost.

My $0.02