Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 29th June Stay Upright

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    Was that the 2nd last session? They passed me at speed does that I can name drop too?

I'm having a look at my footage now. Felt comfortable in the bike great actually, no PBs far from it. Still got issues passing slower riders, I think it because I don't want to be "that guy" passing close, I should just properly stick it up there and go for it I suppose , but maybe it's something simple I'm doing wrong?
    When I had Alex Cudlin he thought my vision was the key. ( needing to widen it) which I'm trying. Hopefully racing will help too.

I'll chuck up a vid when time allows, see if anyone can pick something to work on.

Such a great day on Wed, had a ball!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are you looking directly at the rider infront? One of the big vision things for me was looking at things with my peripherals.
    So, I'm actually looking at my turn/apex/exit point but the rider infront is with the peripheral, so I'm aware of their actions, but they don't affect mine...

Deff a top day!! Great vibe in the pits
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Are you looking directly at the rider infront? One of the big vision things for me was looking at things with my peripherals.
    So, I'm actually looking at my turn/apex/exit point but the rider infront is with the peripheral, so I'm aware of their actions, but they don't affect mine...

Good call man.

I think that's the issue, I feel like I'm following close so as to close the passing distance, then fixating on the rider in front. By the time I'm ready to pass the slot has closed.... Hmmm

Yeah, right. I reckon try the peripheral vision thing. That should free up some time and a whole HEAP of space to pass.
    Should keep you safer if they decide to make a trip to the kitty litter too
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    Good call man.
    LOL ! True for Steve
    What was it you said to me yesterday?
    "The're all trees to me"
    Last edited by nigelnobody; 01-07-2016 at 11:11 AM.

Yeah, right. I reckon try the peripheral vision thing. That should free up some time and a whole HEAP of space to pass.
    Should keep you safer if they decide to make a trip to the kitty litter too
    I suppose I'll just keep at it. For something that's seems so simple, it's proving difficult to practice.

Part of the tree thing to is so you don't put them up on a pedestal, so your not thinking that is so and so ,should I pass him? Take the emotion out of it and if your good for the pass do it.

Hmm, when I read trees, I thought of it like a tree run snowboarding. I always used to be shit and slow until my mate said, don't look for the trees, look for the gaps.

As Bruce Lee says, be like the water, FLOW.

Or something.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Grasshopper is onto it. That is cool man. Realize they are there but look at the gaps.

Sounds like the way right to manage it

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    Hmm, when I read trees, I thought of it like a tree run snowboarding. I always used to be shit and slow until my mate said, don't look for the trees, look for the gaps.
    Same as when training kids for Ps to do the MOST cone weave ... "don't look at the cones look at the gaps" - easy to forget of course ...

Thread Information