Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
Look, it's pretty fucked. Probably (definitely) beyond on my pay grade. After my trip I'll do a bit of research and see what is the best way of getting it slightly resembling the general silhouette of the original tank. I picked up another damaged green tank with the bike and I also bought a slightly dinged blue one complete with fuel pump for $50. They'll all need some love. Ideally I'll find a straight green one for cheap and not have to bother messing around with the other ones.
Regarding dented tanks, after multiple crashes on the Gixxer tank I've had to put so much bog in there to fill it that it's becoming stupid how much is required.

I've been wondering if one of these STUD WELDER GUN / SLIDE HAMMER NAIL & WASHER PANEL REPAIR KIT FOR DENTS would be worth acquiring. (About $500 on eBay, but how much for a new tank. Hey. maybe a Tarmac Talk hire tool?). The repaired tanks I have seen for the R6 had been cut open to remove the major part of the dent, but the seal up was less than fuel tight.

The way this guy uses the tool, it does the heavy lifting and it appears minimal bog is necessary. Plus for track bikes, no need to repair to this street bike higher level.