So, with all the Aprilia action recently, WeR1 has been feeling a little unloved. She needed some zorst gaskets and nuts, as they were nowhere to be found. New filters too (oil and air).

The rear wheel is straight and true, but the front was a bit weird.... it span dead straight on the balancer, but still didn't feel quite right. Checked out the bearings and they were almost completely locked up. Very very hard to get them to move, and when I did they were notchy. Ordered some from Yamaha, but it turns out they are a new size and not in stock in Australia. I pulled them out tonight to measure them to search for replacements, only to discover that they were fine! The front wheel nut had been done up to roughly 7,000 newtons, and had squeezed the bearings onto the internal spacer, and they couldn't move. Don't overtighten your front axles, peeps.

Having found 6 out of the 8 exhaust nuts, and with new gaskets, it was time to get the radiator and oil cooler in position, and get the exhaust mounted. After taking the exhaust on and off countless times (I'd forgotten how fiddly Jap bikes can be) to get the various little brackets mounted to the motor, and to run the water pipes in and out of the headers etc etc, it's all finally taking shape!! It's ready for oil, and almost ready for water too.