Thread: Brembo 19RCS...worth it?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Depends on the bike, as in what you're replacing. The '15 RSV4 has an upgraded OEM Brembo, and couldn't possibly be any better. Same with the '15 BMW (unlike the earlier models). On the earlier bikes, it would be a worthwhile upgrade. It would be particularly useful on, say a Gen 4 ('11 - '15) ZX10R, where the stock brakes were pretty poor. If you'd just bought the 2016 ZX10R, you'd be unlikely to notice a large benefit.

In descending order of importance to braking performance, I reckon it goes something like:
    40% pads
    25% M/C
    20% discs
    10% fluid
    5% lines
    What about the r6s mate no complaints with my setup just curious if you think its a nice upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jaswib View Post
    What about the r6s mate no complaints with my setup just curious if you think its a nice upgrade.

I have one of each on my R6's. I do prefer the overall feel of the RCS, I've got mine set like a switch!!
    That was one of the biggest changed from the Gixxer when I swapped. All my markers were miles out!!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Brembo 19RCS...worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by jaswib View Post

You'll get a lot more bang for your buck with pads. The OEM R6 m/c is fine. As Owen says, there's probably a 'feel' improvement, but some people prefer the softer, more progressive feel of the stock setup.

I confess to being a little disappointed when I first fitted the RCS to the R6. It wasn't as good as an improvement as I was expecting for the coin (ie it made no noticeable difference, and cost a fortune).

Pads, pads and pads. Let me say it again. If you haven't upgraded your pads yet, do that before any super-exxy m/c upgrade. It makes waaaaaaay more difference. Vesrah SRJL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

You'll get a lot more bang for your buck with pads. The OEM R6 m/c is fine. As Owen says, there's probably a 'feel' improvement, but some people prefer the softer, more progressive feel of the stock setup.

I confess to being a little disappointed when I first fitted the RCS to the R6. It wasn't as good as an improvement as I was expecting for the coin (ie it made no noticeable difference, and cost a fortune).

Pads, pads and pads. Let me say it again. If you haven't upgraded your pads yet, do that before any super-exxy m/c upgrade. It makes waaaaaaay more difference. Vesrah SRJL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bugger just put a set of oems in the other day i quiet like them in terms of bite and feel oh well ill get them next time round.

If you haven't upgraded your pads yet, do that before any super-exxy m/c upgrade. It makes waaaaaaay more difference. Vesrah SRJL
    ^^^^^ This x1M
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Thread Information