Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
I used a 1 on the front.

Difference between a 1 front and a 2 front?
Subjectively? The 2 feels stiffer, which I prefer. In my imagination anyway. Although, again some much faster than me with data to support feel the same. Some prefer the 1 which feels a little more squashed into the tarmac. Some prefer this planted feeling. To give you and idea, I was hanging out in one of the teams garages at EC and they were swapping between the two tyres to see if the sc1 would ride the bumps a little better. The times were virtually identical, but the rider went back to the sc2 because he preferred it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jashdown View Post
Cheers for the info. I have a couple of SC1 rears lying around, so I will use them for the rest of summer, and I'll give the two different fronts a go seeing as I have both of them too.

Also with the sc2 rear I used yesterday, the wear was strange, there was very little balling up of the rubber on the edges and the overall surface was fairly smooth, compared to how it was after the St George meet where the rubber balled up a lot and the wear looked good. Was running the same pressure for both of them, 27 psi straight off the track. Would it just be because the track was too hot and it wasn't working?
Hard to say Josh. Could have just been the way you were riding or the heat or that the tyre was already worn.