Thread: Tyres

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Lee View Post
    Hey Marshy, I am currently running treaded SC1 front and SC2 rear, what is the difference between it and SP1/SP2??
    Haven't timed myself before, but I guess I have improved from >3mins on new SMP section to ~2:20sec, so should I go UK Ntec front and SC2 rear to maximize the front grip for sunny day track riding?? Thanks
    Hey Eddie, do you mean the Superbike Pro when you say SP1/SP2?

There are a few different Pirelli models. There's the Superbike slicks, which are the proper 'race' slick, and also the Superbike Pro slicks, which are confusingly not for racing but are the 'track day' tyre. They have waaaaay less grip, but are designed to last a long time. As the proper Superbike SC2 rear lasts for weeks already, I cannot see the point of the Pro version and don't recommend them for anyone! By all accounts, any decent rider will quickly overcome their limited grip.

The treaded Pirellis (the SuperCorsa) are essentially the same as the Superbike tyres. They are a good tyre, and are particularly great for trackdays as mentioned, because you can get on track when it's declared 'wet' and it shouldn't be.

If you don't have spare rims to put them on, I'd stick with what you are using for a bit longer Eddie, and maybe later in the year give the UK front a go.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Hey Eddie, do you mean the Superbike Pro when you say SP1/SP2?

There are a few different Pirelli models. There's the Superbike slicks, which are the proper 'race' slick, and also the Superbike Pro slicks, which are confusingly not for racing but are the 'track day' tyre. They have waaaaay less grip, but are designed to last a long time. As the proper Superbike SC2 rear lasts for weeks already, I cannot see the point of the Pro version and don't recommend them for anyone! By all accounts, any decent rider will quickly overcome their limited grip.

The treaded Pirellis (the SuperCorsa) are essentially the same as the Superbike tyres. They are a good tyre, and are particularly great for trackdays as mentioned, because you can get on track when it's declared 'wet' and it shouldn't be.

If you don't have spare rims to put them on, I'd stick with what you are using for a bit longer Eddie, and maybe later in the year give the UK front a go.
    I meant Diablo Supercorsa SP tyres. I know for Pirelli, there are:

Treaded:
    - Diablo Supercorsa SC compound (that's what I am using on my bike at the moment )
    - Diablo Supercorsa SP compound...? (Don't what that is but I heard of there is something like this if not wrong...? )

Slick:
    - Diablo Superbike Slick SC (those are the SC1 and SC2 we were talking about for slick)
    - Diablo Superbike Pro Slick (As you mentioned above, last long but not as gripy)

So does it mean the supercorsa sc is the same as the superbike slick sc just the treaded version theoretically speaking?

Yea true, so far I am quite comfortable on the tyres I am running, prob no point to spend a grand on spare rims and much higher value on uk ntec. By the way, what's the difference on price for uk ntec front and sc1 front?

Thread Information