Thread: The Red Baron has arrived

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    There was a lonely looking BMW at the back of the SSR workshop and I DO love a good build.... So, with Marshy having permanently de-camped back to Aprilia and me keen to get my teeth stuck into a litre bike, please make welcome my new race bike!!

Although it's still in bits, it's actually not too far off being ready to ride. That being said, it'll be my new number one bike so I've begun ordering some some fast bits to make it even more awesomer!

It took a long while of thinking before I arrived at the BMW. As some people know, I was moments away from buying a 2015 R1 after having ridden one on the track and had my face melted!!
    The trouble with a brand new bike tho is that they cost a lot! Not only the outright buy price but everything required to make it race fit, was adding up; and with spares also being scarce and expensive, it would be catastrophic if I crashed it...
    The other major factor is, who would I race?! The 2015 R1 would only be eligible for Unlimited class. With no options for cross entering, I'd be spending race weekends watching everybody else race!!

So, before too long, the R1 was ruled out. I ended up making a shortlist of what I wanted from a litre bike and having REALLY enjoyed riding a couple of Marshy's build BMW's, this seemed like an excellent choice.
    Thanks heaps to Marshy, Wolfie57, Stevem and Senator8 who have all listened to endless BMW questions and given me some great setup ideas!
    Stay tuned as the shiny bits start to arrive!!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    There was a lonely looking BMW at the back of the SSR workshop and I DO love a good build.... So, with Marshy having permanently de-camped back to Aprilia and me keen to get my teeth stuck into a litre bike, please make welcome my new race bike!!

Although it's still in bits, it's actually not too far off being ready to ride. That being said, it'll be my new number one bike so I've begun ordering some some fast bits to make it even more awesomer!

It took a long while of thinking before I arrived at the BMW. As some people know, I was moments away from buying a 2015 R1 after having ridden one on the track and had my face melted!!
    The trouble with a brand new bike tho is that they cost a lot! Not only the outright buy price but everything required to make it race fit, was adding up; and with spares also being scarce and expensive, it would be catastrophic if I crashed it...
    The other major factor is, who would I race?! The 2015 R1 would only be eligible for Unlimited class. With no options for cross entering, I'd be spending race weekends watching everybody else race!!

So, before too long, the R1 was ruled out. I ended up making a shortlist of what I wanted from a litre bike and having REALLY enjoyed riding a couple of Marshy's build BMW's, this seemed like an excellent choice.
    Thanks heaps to Marshy, Wolfie57, Stevem and Senator8 who have all listened to endless BMW questions and given me some great setup ideas!
    Stay tuned as the shiny bits start to arrive!!
    Awesome mate. So are you selling up the 2 r6s then ?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jaswib View Post
    Awesome mate. So are you selling up the 2 r6s then ?
    Yeah, unfortunately it's time to say goodbye to my beloved R6's
    Just need to find some time to take pictures and I'll put them up!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Thread Information