The SSR workshop has said goodbye to a few bikes recently so I was finally able to get at the BMW to get started on the build!!
First up, relatively simple, was enabling the 4th riding mode 'Slick Mode' which has the most aggressive power delivery and least amount of TC etc.
All that's needed is an $80 BMW 'Red plug' on the end of a socket on the loom... This bike didn't have one so I thought I'd get creative...

It turns out it's just a 100Ohm resistor in the plug so a quick visit to the components department and we were good to go!!

Testing it works...

Then remove the socket, re-terminate, heat shrink and she's a goodun!

On the subject of electronics.... One of the big reasons I wanted to get a litre was to have some electronics to get stuck in to..
After a fair bit of research, I settled on a combination of BMW & Aftermarket ECU Flash and electronics upgrade.
Here's what'll happen, all controlled via the BMW Race Calibration Kit Software:

Proven WSBK/MotoGP mapping including the following optimised functions
* injection
* ignition
* airbox funnel switching
* traction-control (gear-dependent, wheely-detection for optimised slip calculation)
* quick shifter (reduced shift duration)
* engine rpm limitation with soft-cut
* e-throttle (independent in riding modes)
* launch control (also in 2. gear)
* engine brake (gear dependent)
* DTC (dynamic traction control)
* ABS
* PIT rpm-limiter
* read/delete ECU error-memory
* clear adaptation values

The downside is that the ECU has to be sent to flippin Germany! But with a new kid just arrived, time is currently on my side!

Next up was the fuel tank. I love me some quick-pour action so I nibbled out the tank internal, ready for the new cap....

Quick release fuel cap fitted...

Booom!!

Last thing for now is the exhaust. It came with an Akrapocvich end can and the electronics can be mapped to it so all I needed was a bit of a de-cat and I'd be good to go.

I set to work with the angle grinder and saved about 20kg in the process!

On goes the mid-pipe...

If you don't own one of these badboys, GET ONE!! The right angled power wrench made short work of those header nuts that are normally a BITCH!!

There's a bit more work to do before I put the shiny end can on but I'm pretty happy with the progress so far!!