Thread: The Red Baron has arrived

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nice Owen, I was talking to Glenn heaps ago about steering head bearing and he had tapered roller bearing and later met the S1000rr engineer and had it explained to him why ball bearings are better with the beemer. I can't remember why but it was enough for Glenn to change back to ball bearings so interesting to see they have ball bearings. Did they come with bearings. Keep in mind Krooztune make a shorter dog bone for the beemer that helped me with edge grip and getting on the gas and driving forward. It was 5mm shorter .
    Last edited by stevem; 13-07-2017 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    Nice Owen, I was talking to Glenn heaps ago about steering head bearing and he had tapered roller bearing and later met the S1000rr engineer and had it explained to him why ball bearings are better with the beemer. I can't remember why but it was enough for Glenn to change back to ball bearings so interesting to see they have ball bearings. Did they come with bearings. Keep in mind Krooztune make a shorter dog bone for the beemer that helped me with edge grip and getting on the gas and driving forward. It was 5mm shorter .
    Thanks Steve! Yeah, I'd heard that about bearings too. Although I couldn't tell you why either!
    IMA don't supply bearings with their triples. The ones I have are just a new OEM set I bought to fit up.
    Interesting about the Dog Bone... Is it just like a lowering link type product?
    I've actually been looking into getting a linear linkage for that same edge grip and getting on the gas thing...
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

https://www.krooztune.com/collections/all Give them a call. It was just the dog bone part not the knuckle, $100+ not the $800 or so of the complete linkage. It would be interesting to see you try a 42 rear and second onto the straight with plenty of rear brake also.

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    https://www.krooztune.com/collections/all Give them a call. It was just the dog bone part not the knuckle, $100+ not the $800 or so of the complete linkage. It would be interesting to see you try a 42 rear and second onto the straight with plenty of rear brake also.
    AWESOME!! That's a great plan, thanks for the info Steve!
    I'm deff keen to try a 42, might need to get the thumb brake installed before dropping to 2nd onto the straight tho!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Thread Information