Thread: Lap Times

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    Within reason is there much time to be made up at the T11BR hairpin ... it's so flippin slow???
    In general, there's very little time to be made in slow corners. Conversely, fast corners have HEAPS of time to be gained. Unless you've already got it sorted, the biggest place to make up bulk time at the Creek is turn 1. If you are in the high 1:40s (GP circuit), eg 46s to 49s, there's often anything up to 5 seconds to be gained through there alone. Getting it even partly right can drop 2 to 3 seconds almost immediately.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    In general, there's very little time to be made in slow corners. Conversely, fast corners have HEAPS of time to be gained. Unless you've already got it sorted, the biggest place to make up bulk time at the Creek is turn 1. If you are in the high 1:40s (GP circuit), eg 46s to 49s, there's often anything up to 5 seconds to be gained through there alone. Getting it even partly right can drop 2 to 3 seconds almost immediately.
    Wow - 5 seconds in one corner! You're a big reason I've gone backwards at turn 1 Marshy - you had to go and crash there didn't you!

Quote Originally Posted by Spilly1199 View Post
    Wow - 5 seconds in one corner! You're a big reason I've gone backwards at turn 1 Marshy - you had to go and crash there didn't you!
    Mechanical failure - it doesn't count as a proper crash. Woulda been fine otherwise. Go hard or go home!!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Mechanical failure - it doesn't count as a proper crash. Woulda been fine otherwise. Go hard or go home!!
    True, scaring myself when I passed Sicko once and went in way too hot and felt like I was going to crash the Pani for about 5 seconds that felt like hours didn't help either. People used to tell me that I was fast in T1 when I was slower everywhere else...FML!

Actually mate I hate doing the tight new section but I think I'm relatively fast through there for some reason - always find I catch anyone I'm following up the twisty bit and often pass people at the T11 hairpin. Could mean my corresponding lap times on the GP circuit wont be as good as they should though...

Thread Information