Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: St George November

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    hmmm more fast FX boys have entered.
    practice for the end of the months FX finally, pain in the arse for riders in some classes but great revenue for the club, proving again, that club racing is the most popular racing in Australia.

Edit...Just read on faceplace 261 entries
    Last edited by Mstevo; 29-10-2014 at 08:54 PM.
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

The BEARS grid is being split ...unfortunately I'll be loosing my cross entry as F4 and F5 will be in with TwinSprints :( - have suggested to Jan that we'd be better in with Unlimited CS so we'll see ... failing that I'll run my spare bike in F3 if there is space on the grid

Dunno about y'all, but I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!! Soooooo excited!!!!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post

yep same here!!!

ARDC... north circuit... Friday for last minute practice
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Brabham circuit, unfortunately. We did email them asking about running the bikes on the GP circuit as proper race practice for the race meet, but haven't received a reply. Hey, how about we all email reception@ardc.com.au with our desire to run on the GP circuit in preparation for the race meet on the following two days? I mean, isn't that what private practice is for?!?

Oh, and the cars could still run on the extended circuit. We just need a flaggie to move the witches hats before and after the bike session.

Thoughts?

To: reception@ardc.com.au
    Subject: Bikes race practice for the 7th

Hi Christine,

Could you please pass this along to the relevant Private Practice organiser? Thanks

As you may be aware, the final rounds of St George MCC Road Race Championship are to be held at SMSP the weekend following the ARDC Private Practice on the 7th of November.
    Naturally, us bike riders would dearly like the chance to practice on the course we'll be racing on. To this end and having spoken to the riders involved, we would like to request that for November the 7th, our sessions at least, be changed to GP Circuit as opposed to the Full Brabham circuit.

We hope you understand our position and that our request can be met without too much trouble with regards flag marshals etc. I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,

Bummer. I don't think there will actually be any significant build up, but they seem not-negotiable. It's the same reason we heard last time we asked.

Hi Nick,
    Thankyou for your email which requested that sessions for motorcycles at the November 7 practice day be held on the 3.93 km Gardner Circuit.
    I have discussed the issue with our CEO and our Circuit Supervisor and unfortunately it is not as simple as moving a few witches hats. Because rubber and debris will build up on the outside of turn 7 during car practice sessions this area will have to be cleaned off with our industrial blower before bikes can use the Gardner Circuit. This will take approximately 6 to 7 minutes per change. Over the course of the day this will total 30 to 35 minutes of down time when nobody can practice.
    Because of the loss of time involved we have decided to conduct all sessions on the longer Brabham Circuit as advertised.

Regards,

BRIAN GOULDING
    Race Operations Manager

AUSTRALIAN RACING DRIVERS CLUB LTD
    SYDNEY MOTORSPORT PARK

Brabham Drive, Eastern Creek, NSW 2766

T +61 2 9672 1000
    F +61 9672 0208
    M +61 418 419 746
    E brian@ardc.com.au

Oh, and the cars could still run on the extended circuit. We just need a flaggie to move the witches hats before and after the bike session.

Thoughts?
    Don't move the witches hats just use em for practice in picking lines

Quote Originally Posted by Linden View Post
    Don't move the witches hats just use em for practice in picking lines
    I told 'em last time we didn't need them moved - we would just go straight through them! They weren't impressed......

They aren't too fun-loving at ARDC.

13 bike pre-booked with ARDC for the 7th.

Bummer. I don't think there will actually be any significant build up, but they seem not-negotiable. It's the same reason we heard last time we asked.

Hi Nick,
    Thankyou for your email which requested that sessions for motorcycles at the November 7 practice day be held on the 3.93 km Gardner Circuit.
    I have discussed the issue with our CEO and our Circuit Supervisor and unfortunately it is not as simple as moving a few witches hats. Because rubber and debris will build up on the outside of turn 7 during car practice sessions this area will have to be cleaned off with our industrial blower before bikes can use the Gardner Circuit. This will take approximately 6 to 7 minutes per change. Over the course of the day this will total 30 to 35 minutes of down time when nobody can practice.
    Because of the loss of time involved we have decided to conduct all sessions on the longer Brabham Circuit as advertised.

Regards,

BRIAN GOULDING
    Race Operations Manager

AUSTRALIAN RACING DRIVERS CLUB LTD
    SYDNEY MOTORSPORT PARK

Brabham Drive, Eastern Creek, NSW 2766

T +61 2 9672 1000
    F +61 9672 0208
    M +61 418 419 746
    E brian@ardc.com.au
    They didn't reply to me!!
    Hmmm...I see their point I guess BUT, given that there is no discipline that actually races on the full circuit, why is it even a thing for a Private Practice day??
    Sigh... form submitted
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Not sure I've been this excited since the first time I ever went to the track... WOOOOT!!

So pumped been dreaming of bikes for over a week. 1:45's or death

Quote Originally Posted by Negrogrande View Post
    So pumped been dreaming of bikes for over a week. 1:45's or death
    I like the way you're thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just in case anyone has not read the regs...

2.5 Special Note for Competitors in Clubsport Events: Please ensure you know where
    your compliance plate and VIN number are situated on your machine when
    scrutineer inspects your machine/s.
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

i dont need to worry, 06 all the way WOOOOOO. 110hp of freedom waiting to be released
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

maybe more, due to my sponsorship and latest map
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Saturday 8 November

Summary
    Min 15
    Max 29
    Partly cloudy.

Sydney area

Partly cloudy. Light winds becoming northeasterly 15 to 25 km/h during the day.
    Sunday 9 November

Summary
    Min 14
    Max 30
    Possible late shower.

Sydney area

Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower. Light winds becoming south to southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h during the morning.

w00t!!!!! Looking good! Friday looks ideal too:

Friday 7 November

SummaryMin 14Max 29Partly cloudy.Sydney area

Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower. Light winds becoming easterly 15 to 25 km/h during the day then becoming light during the evening.

Last weekend the forecast for sat was 39C so this is heaps good news

Tops day today!! Jeez ARDC days are good! Lotsa track time; no oil; no significant stoppages - except lunch

Good turnout of bikes too. REPRESENT

Race day tomorrow!!

Was a good day today. Delays due to lots of crashes and a massive one involving 3 riders. Hope all of them are ok.

Gave PGM a hard time today. Sure he will want to get me back tomorrow.

Sorry Marshy I broke your lap record for CS600 on the north circuit by 0.123. Hope you don't mind.

Keen for tomorrow

Sorry Marshy I broke your lap record for CS600 on the north circuit by 0.123. Hope you don't mind.
    It couldn't go to a more deserving rider, mate. Top stuff!!!

Owen (Sicko) is recovering in hospital with a broken leg. He'll be ok after surgery.

It was a pretty shitty afternoon for a few of us, but what an awesome morning!! Looking forward to more good racing and a little less carnage tomorrow.

Thanks for letting us know Marshy. I was wondering how he was doing. Roger Green broke his pelvis; he was the one who's bike caught fire.
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Thanks marshy, didn't want to ask today didn't feel right! But so glad he will be ok, & hope the others today will be ok too.
    See you in the morning mate

Good to hear .Rest up brother

I was on t 18 today. Congrats to those that did well. Chubb stepped up today. Well done mate. As for Owen, Roger, Gary and the others that had various incidents, my thoughts are with you and hope you all heal well.

Any updates on the others are much appreciated.

Cheers

Mick
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Gaz has broken scapula and rib or 2, plus had a decent knock to the head.

Will be in Westmead for a couple of days... He'll recover, bike is ready for the skip bin.
    2004 Suzuki Gixxer 600 Clubsport #59

Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post
    I was on t 18 today. Congrats to those that did well. Chubb stepped up today. Well done mate. As for Owen, Roger, Gary and the others that had various incidents, my thoughts are with you and hope you all heal well.

Any updates on the others are much appreciated.

Cheers

Mick
    Thanks all! I'm getting better in Liverpool hospital after an awesome chopper ride.
    They'r putting a titanium pin (should make me faster ) in my femur tomorrow.
    Will hopefully be walking, with crutches, on Wednesday.
    Thanks all who took care of my shit. Thoughts with the other chaps too.
    Can't wait to get back oht there tho! Racing is great... Just need to work on my starts!

Glad to hear you're in good spirits Owen. That was nasty.
    Heal quick mate. All the best
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Thanks all! I'm getting better in Liverpool hospital after an awesome chopper ride.
    Can't wait to get back oht there tho! Racing is great... Just need to work on my starts!
    So good to hear from you mate, and great to hear your on the fix in the hospital.
    If there's anything I can help with, just ask!
    Talk soon mate.

Heal up Owen!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    LEGEND , Anything you need yell out mate .

Well Saturday was definately eventful to say the least... :(

I was running recovery all day with Shippy on the Saturday and we were hell busy..were out nearly every session, for some reason the Nth Circuit catches alot of PPL out and seems to have a bad hoodo on it..

Also was one of the unfortunate marshalls to witness the big pile up with Sicko and the other lads as i was right on the start line - fire extinguisher in hand we put out the bikes and checked if everyone was ok... i think for Shippy and myself it was a real eye opener as to how dangerous our sport can be and how quickly things can go bad.

Im glad to hear you boys are all ok and will heal up as it didnt look good -thoughts are with you all and if you need any help just shout out.

To all the marshalls , Ambo's, Stg Crew and all officials you do a great job behind the racing scene - thank you - it was nice to be on the other side and see all the hard work that goes into these events and was awesome to volunteer to give something back.

Congrats to all the guys who had a successful weekend

Bretto
    The bullshitstops when the clutch drops

An accident-marred event, but also some top racing!! BEARs was particularly good - the top 6 were having ding-dong battles each race, with lots of passing and fun fun fun!! I should have a couple of great videos in the next day or two.

Of course, my thoughts go out to all our injured friends and fellow competitors. It was heartening to hear that yesterday's injuries (whilst still serious!) were not as bad as initially feared. I'm not sure what the outcome of the bad turn 8 incident this afternoon was.

Ditto to the one in turn 4 in the 600 clubby.

Something about this weekend will keep it being talked about for a long time to come... from the number of incidents to watching aaron morris and Aiden wagner showing us how its done... the entry into turn 1 was phenominal... and then to working on the support side and being part of what makes it all happen..

Great stuff!!!

hopefully everyone gives some thought to the weekend and where they ended up (the good and not so good) and chalk up more experience from it and improve regardless.

now where is that bourbon....
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Flagged at 3.4 today, great conditions way too many red flags, not sure why, hope all those who fell heal quick.

They were big fields ... ??? Crazy two days ...

I saw on FB Ray's shots of Spilly going down T2 ... he looked OK?
    Last edited by Phat3R; 09-11-2014 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dadat178 View Post
    Flagged at 3.4 today, great conditions way too many red flags, not sure why, hope all those who fell heal quick.
    i didnt see you Marty - must have been blind - were you on SAt or Sunday?
    The bullshitstops when the clutch drops

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    I saw on FB Ray's shots of Spilly going down T2 ... he looked OK?
    think he was carted of to hospital by ambos.

had a few polite words with him prior to this incident, as he was takin unnecessary risks under brakes, causing other riders around him to go off line an avoid him completely, nearly taking me out with him on a few occasions as well.
    I asked him to think about his braking technique an not be so aggressive under brakes, leaving you with nothing in reserve ......

his response .... "fuck off, don't tell me how to ride". (I wasn't telling him how to ride, just re-think his strategy)
    so then it got nasty, and I thought "this is going well, lol not".
    Not the sort of bloke that can be reasoned with aye?

it's a shame most of us know and are a little worried when we see him near us on the track.

He's probably a really nice guy in person, as our convo didn't really go all that well. :(
    The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

Just a shoutout to whoever who knows Gary Peake??? I want to know if he is ok

Ryan ended up as a ping pong ball when he was punted in this incident. What cam described sounds like it came to fruition....
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

What cam described sounds like it came to fruition....
    Are the officials not watching???

red flagged races should be dealt with accordingly, and especially the rider that caused the red flag incident.
    eg:
    demerit points
    1 race suspension
    demoted to rear of grid / or pit lane start

etc etc
    The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

Ryan ended up as a ping pong ball when he was punted in this incident. What cam described sounds like it came to fruition....
    Then report it to the clerk of course. I think it was at T2, wasn't it? There's one flaggie down there, and almost 50 bikes going through at once after a race start. They can't see much with all that going on, and are only looking for incidents requiring a yellow flag. They can't be expected to monitor/police/judge riding behaviour. Race control can't see T2 at all (ditto anyone on the roof etc), so they aren't watching either.

Fyi, I've heard 2nd hand that Spilly has broken ribs and collarbone, and a punctured lung. He was choppered out.

Just a shoutout to whoever who knows Gary Peake??? I want to know if he is ok
    Which incident?

Thread Information