Thread: St George 2017

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thought you were going to bridge that gap on the last lap for a nip into 9 Nath. You and I would be a nice match mano a mano.
    And Marshy, those opening two laps were a treat. Nice riding. How were the lap times between the Yammie and Ape?

Quote Originally Posted by Krackeye View Post
    And Marshy, those opening two laps were a treat. Nice riding. How were the lap times between the Yammie and Ape?
    Thanks maaaaaaate! The times were virtually identical. I mean, I qualified yesterday on the Ape with a 1:40.072 compared to a 1:40.075 on the Yammie. 3 thousandths of a second difference!!

In the races I ended up quicker on the Aprilia, 38.4 I think, compared to a 38.9 on the Yammie. Not much in it. The Aprilia is much much much nicer to ride. In the heat (which seemed to sap horsepower from the Aprilia more than the Yamaha) the Yammie was just a bit more powerful. Not as good around turns, but stronger down the straight. Swings and roundabouts!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

St George 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Thanks maaaaaaate! The times were virtually identical. I mean, I qualified yesterday on the Ape with a 1:40.072 compared to a 1:40.075 on the Yammie. 3 thousandths of a second difference!!

In the races I ended up quicker on the Aprilia, 38.4 I think, compared to a 38.9 on the Yammie. Not much in it. The Aprilia is much much much nicer to ride. In the heat (which seemed to sap horsepower from the Aprilia more than the Yamaha) the Yammie was just a bit more powerful. Not as good around turns, but stronger? down the straight. Swings and roundabouts!
    But the Aprilia looks nicer so should push it into the lead....jokes aside similar times after what? Quali and one race???
    Not bad did rob set it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Krackeye View Post
    Thought you were going to bridge that gap on the last lap for a nip into 9 Nath. You and I would be a nice match mano a mano.
    thanks Marcus, it wasn't thgough lack of trying I tell you! I kinda stuffed 9 on the last lap and ran it wide, couldn't get on the gas quick enough, then I lost him... Looking forward to having a dice with you mate!

Marshy, I think you're right, only just clicking 6th down the straight, could probably run out 5th. Might give me a little more punch. I was thinking that out of 3 and 5 and 9 I wish I had a little more drive...

Plumb, I reckon the vid would have you appearing in it if you had been able to race...

Thanks Owen, it wasn't that hot that race, but I'll claim the PB!!!

Wolfie, the front row start is a vid of me getting blitzed by 4 blokes in the first lap, then I may aswell be on track myself... I need a better start to get a better first lap, bigger balls and more skill, then hopefully I will be able to stick with you guys for a couple more laps and get my times down!

Thread Information