Thread: St George November

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

St George November

Nelso, that hp sounds low if RB's dyno reads average. I've got a special race kit from back in the day (AMA etc) in my cv carbs which transformed it and can still be found. Also the stock engine is really sensitive to gearing due to the narrow power band. I went one tooth too long and the difference in pick up between the gears was noticeable, due to each gear just going a little too low and dropping the revs from optimum.

46's nice
    Last edited by senator8; 14-11-2014 at 10:34 PM.
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
    Nelso, that hp sounds low if RB's dyno reads average. I've got a special race kit from back in the day (AMA etc) in my cv carbs which transformed it and can still be found. Also the stock engine is really sensitive to gearing due to the narrow power band. I went one tooth too long and the difference in pick up between the gears was noticeable, due to each gear just going a little too low and dropping the revs from optimum.

46's nice
    I read somewhere that they were meant to have 118HP standard, so it would be a bit low if that is the case. It would be nice to have 10 or 15 more, at least I would be able to keep with the 600s at least. It seemed over geared for EC, which meant I had to drop a gear out of 2 and 6 that I should have been able to carry and it was very sluggish up the hill after 5 and from 1 to 2, even in 5th gear. I think it's got 15:45 on it now, which I thought would be ok, but it just doesn't have the power to drive that gearing. Are you still running the standard carbs? I thought you would have flat slides on yours for some reason. I take it the race kit isn't just a Factory Pro kit; do you remember where you got it from?
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

B
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelso View Post
    I read somewhere that they were meant to have 118HP standard, so it would be a bit low if that is the case. It would be nice to have 10 or 15 more, at least I would be able to keep with the 600s at least. It seemed over geared for EC, which meant I had to drop a gear out of 2 and 6 that I should have been able to carry and it was very sluggish up the hill after 5 and from 1 to 2, even in 5th gear. I think it's got 15:45 on it now, which I thought would be ok, but it just doesn't have the power to drive that gearing. Are you still running the standard carbs? I thought you would have flat slides on yours for some reason. I take it the race kit isn't just a Factory Pro kit; do you remember where you got it from?
    Yeah, sounds a bit under. I've found with stock engine that 15/44 is about the max gearing for optimum pick up between gears and anything taller drops it too much on the changes. Mine is the factory pro Ti kit. I sent my carbs to U.S for refurb and supply fit kit. Worked out cheaper than just kit fitment cost I could find here locally. Then the locals also wanted dyno tuning time etc etc. The carbs as returned to me, have run perfect from get go and check on the dyno confirmed it was spot on. Let me know if you want the contact details.
    Last edited by senator8; 16-11-2014 at 11:47 AM.
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Thread Information