Thread: St George Clubsport 600 2014

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu23 View Post
    The only way I think most people will be happy if they are stuck with an old carbie bike is to split the clubsport class into 2 groups, split at some year, If you want to say 2002 ( this does away with most FI bikes, except the gxsr ) upside down forks radial brakes etc.. Is this what people want with older bikes ? It has been raised before I know ?

And before you all say but he has an 06....I was racing a 2000 R6 from year 07 to 09/10 against 05 model bikes ( with an odd 06 ! ) wink wink remember that one ! So yes I know what your up against, I worked hard on that bike and was relatively successful still.... If your fast , you can be fast on most well set up bikes, not power, just well set up..

As for policing mods there is no way for st George to do this, no way at all.....even TON could not do this , so has now conceded some extra things are allowed
    agree Stu - Ryan was into the 1:05s at wacky on my 99 R6 giving me a hurry along on the 09 zx6...

I found that there was only 1 second for me in the newer bike when raced back to back.. Maurice has the same experience (albeit 5-6 seconds faster, but both bikes still within 1 second)...

breaking it up a little gives everyone a chance to have a go a the championship...

'05 makes sense... - '02 and my bike just got popular

Under the current rules, next year I will have 2 bikes eligible for Clubby.. If chasing the championship, it would make sense to run the newer bike on many levels, but I dont feel that is in the spirit of the sport (in my world at least)... and the Ol girl is fun to ride but will wait and see... next year is a world away at the moment
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post
    I found that there was only 1 second for me in the newer bike when raced back to back..
    If it's 'only' 1 second I think you should let me go off the line 1 second earlier than everyone else. I second is a big difference in a race! 5 seconds is an eternity by the end of the race.
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Thread Information