Thread: X-factor.......?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Much more work has happened to X, and I like it more and more! There were a lot of bits that needed re-doing, and general tidying. Flushed the coolant system, as it's clearly had tap water in it at some point. Not badly rusted, but just enough to want to be really careful with it.

It had Samco hoses everywhere except the main one, upper right, in this pic. But it came in the spares bag with the bike, so I took the opportunity to fit it up. It makes all the difference!

Got the tweak out of the front end, from the tumble at a standstill on the right-hand side. And replaced the slightly bent bar. Used my favourite MotionPro clip-on alignment tool to get everything just right.

The battery that came with it is pretty new and a good one, but HEAVY! So instead of eating a bit less and losing some belly fat, I just bought a lightweight battery and had fried chicken for dinner. Winner! MCAS special el-crappo brand.

I like the custom Bazzas bracket! No, I can't take credit - it came with the bike. The reg rec doesn't live there; that was just temporary to start the bike.

Vitally important!! Changing to gold wheels from the black. This is worth 3 secs a lap, easy. I've lockwired them now too.

Changed out the Accosato quarter-turn cap for one that will take the quick fill Tuff jug nozzle.

Replaced the slightly bent shift knuckle, and fitted up an aftermarket shift support, which helps stop the shift shaft from bending.

And this is for you, Wolfie! For the 29th

IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post

Vitally important!! Changing to gold wheels from the black. This is worth 3 secs a lap, easy. I've lockwired them now too.

[/IMG]
    Contrary to popular belief, I heard a black wheels are three seconds faster than gold

Looking good!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information