Thread: KWAKLIFE

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    Oh... that makes sense then!

Also, how do you plan on removing the flywheel? I'm guessing it won't be a 2min job at the best of times...
    12 beers
    Pack of darts
    Jukebox Saturday night on 2WS
    Plenty of swearing

Haha

Actually I'm not sure. Need a flywheel puller I guess? Will removing it disrupt the balance of the crank or as it only rotates will it just reduce the force needed to spin the crank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    do a burnout

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    12 beers
    Pack of darts
    Jukebox Saturday night on 2WS
    Plenty of swearing

Haha

Actually I'm not sure. Need a flywheel puller I guess? Will removing it disrupt the balance of the crank or as it only rotates will it just reduce the force needed to spin the crank?

Not a mechanic by any stretch but I reckon flywheel puller and you should be fine... crank will just spin faster/easier and that's where your free hp will come from!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    Not a mechanic by any stretch but I reckon flywheel puller and you should be fine... crank will just spin faster/easier and that's where your free hp will come from!
    Just bought a puller on eBay so will give it a crack next week. I'd like to keep the starter for simplicity's sake so will be interesting to see if the starter clutch can still work as I believe it's attached to the back of the flywheel. If it doesn't I'll probably just run it with the flywheel on which doesn't really give me any benefits except for not buying a new flywheel and stator / save $350/400.

do a burnout

Thread Information