Thread: Soooooo....... This just happened

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Watching the video, it still amazes me they released it without auto-blip. It's such a relatively simple addition, and I gotta say that it's exactly like a quickshifter was in the beginning: once you've used a bike with auto-blip, you just can't go back!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Watching the video, it still amazes me they released it without auto-blip. It's such a relatively simple addition, and I gotta say that it's exactly like a quickshifter was in the beginning: once you've used a bike with auto-blip, you just can't go back!
    Do the Aprilias have them? I dream of one day having an auto blipper! I can't blip the throttle while braking to save my life. Always end up modulating lever pressure as I try start and pogoing back and forth.
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

Quote Originally Posted by KANGA View Post
    Do the Aprilias have them? I dream of one day having an auto blipper! I can't blip the throttle while braking to save my life. Always end up modulating lever pressure as I try start and pogoing back and forth.
    Nope, not standard, but my special one with the kit electronics does. Bloody awesome!! I got used to it on the '15 Beemer, and then got lucky with the Ape already having it fitted. You can buy a Starlane one for the Ape, too.

I've never been able to blip! Years ago I just stopped trying (same issue... if I blip I let go of the brake - I must be really unco!), and just put up with it being clunky. Then slipper clutches came out, and it got a bit better. Now, not using the clutch at all is awesome!! When I jump on the wet bike (without auto-blip), I get all confused and can't change down.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Nope, not standard, but my special one with the kit electronics does. Bloody awesome!! I got used to it on the '15 Beemer, and then got lucky with the Ape already having it fitted. You can buy a Starlane one for the Ape, too.

I've never been able to blip! Years ago I just stopped trying (same issue... if I blip I let go of the brake - I must be really unco!), and just put up with it being clunky. Then slipper clutches came out, and it got a bit better. Now, not using the clutch at all is awesome!! When I jump on the wet bike (without auto-blip), I get all confused and can't change down.
    Nick how are you getting auto blip without the shift rod sensor ???

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Nick how are you getting auto blip without the shift rod sensor ???
    It's got the sensor, I assume. The one on the old APX bike has a custom-looking sensor (which doesn't auto-blip), but the RF has a sensor that looks identical to the stock black one, but works both ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information