Thread: St George handicap replacement

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    oh hold on .... you need to be winning to have this problem doh ! never mind

Quote Originally Posted by Stu23 View Post
    oh hold on .... you need to be winning to have this problem doh ! never mind
    Yep, that puts me out too.
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

On the subject of grading. I believe that next season I should rightfully compete as a C grader under MA in club racing. But at the end of last year after racing for less than 6 months I was graded C. I, at the time did not even have a MA lic only AASA in which I was correctly D grade.

Below is the communication I had with the club. Club in red myself in blue. I have removed the names, as I am not blaming anyone or having a go. Just thought it may interest others who encounter the same. I still don't understand how many D graders are still D graders after so long.

Dear Sir/Madam,
    In reference to this document http://www.stgeorgemcc.com/pdfs/road...ary%202013.pdf

If I am to compete in the 2013 season with St George club, I would like to compete as a 'D' grade rider. I cannot comprehend how I could be considered a c grade competitor based on either my times or results in the short time I have been racing.

Aside from riding for a couple of years in the mid 90s, I have only been riding for a little over 18mths, started doing track days in March 1012, and my first event in June 2012. So riding on track 9 months and racing 6 months. I have been working hard to improve, but find the grading to 'c' quite demotivating as I am not yet even close to competitive as d grader. My most recent race event was a last place in 5 out of 6 races in a field of 47!

Please change my grading to D for the 2013 year and allow me at least to do a season in my correct grade.

Your sincerely

Rick

Hi Rick,
    The re-gradings are done/set by the NSW Road Race Committee not St George MCC. If you wish to challenge your re-grading you will need to contact the MNSW Office who will pass it on to the NSW Road Race Committee.
    I can advise you however, that according to the NSW Road Race By Laws, the re-grading from D to C is not dependent upon lap times nor race results. It is purely based on the fact that a rider has had "racing experience", meaning has entered and contested a few race meetings and understands how a race meeting runs.
    Please note that at a St George RR meeting C and D grade run together.

Regards,

Hi
    Thank you for taking the time to reply. Especially over the break.

The reason I sent my request to this address is because the St George grading document says "If you believe a grade to be incorrect, please contact us by email at stgmembers@pnc.com.au"

I understand that C & D grades are run together but they are scored and awarded separately. I don't understand how MNSW can grade me when I do not hold a MA license, and why my St George grading is different to my AASA lic which is D grade.

I think that the list is incorrect. Who do I contact?

Kind regards

Rick

Hi Rick,
    As mentioned earlier, the grading from D to C is done when a rider has gained "race experience", not results.

Accordingly your C grading is correct.

Regards,

Hi
    Thanks for looking into it. Still doesn't make sense to me. Friends who have entered many more events than I are still D grade. And I have entered 2 pcra meetings, 1 St george and 1 fx. As I expressed earlier, it is disappointing to not have a chance of being even remotely competitive and race against riders of the same experience.
    I will apply for MA license this year. Do I do it through the club?

Thanks

Rick

Hi Rick,
    Sorry I didn't have better news for you.

We are aware that your plight has highlighted the inconsistencies and we will be addressing them.

Regards
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
    Hi Rick,
    Sorry I didn't have better news for you.

We are aware that your plight has highlighted the inconsistencies and we will be addressing them.

Regards
    If the body responsible doesn't have the resources to do the grading correctly ... then why do it at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    If the body responsible doesn't have the resources to do the grading correctly ... then why do it at all?
    Mostly this:

My view:

And then there's this:

IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Mostly this:

My view:

And then there's this:

+1 Google LOL

Thread Information