Thread: Phillip Island Pirelli RR 28-30 August

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bit worried ... haven't race PI for over 3 years (and was sick at that one) and can't justify going down for Friday ... will be busy with only 2 qualies (all but 1 back to back) to get gearing right - actually pulled out a ride height adjustment I was going to trial and will leave that to Broadford where I know the track better - unless the race order is broken up (or maybe try it in the warmup Sunday) -

AND Also thinking about bring some road tyres (Bears F5 no wets no slicks - of course Supercorsas are a slick really) has anyone going down got experience in cutting slicks (and a tool)

Quote Originally Posted by Linden View Post
    AND Also thinking about bring some road tyres (Bears F5 no wets no slicks - of course Supercorsas are a slick really) has anyone going down got experience in cutting slicks (and a tool)
    What benefit will cutting a slick have? Still wont be a "treaded street tyre" as it's not DOT approved or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Binksy View Post
    What benefit will cutting a slick have? Still wont be a "treaded street tyre" as it's not DOT approved or am I missing something?
    Not planning to cut a slick but cut an almost slick ... more tread on a Supercorsa
    Last edited by Linden; 24-08-2015 at 01:24 PM.

Thread Information