I had a great day too! Great banter down on pit lane and good to see so many friendly faces out in the cold!
Sorry to see the folks that did come off, hope that the repair bills come in cheap Mick!
Well done to Msteveo, Carl-52, Binksy and dan for the silverware. There was some great racing, you guys were all looking great out there!!
Mark would have had time to stop for a coffee and still take out the top spot!

I wasn't setting the world on fire with lap times and I discovered I'm still pretty firmly in the injured camp as my leg was giving me hell.
The lower body work I had been doing, to stop me loading up the bars and my duff shoulder, is working!!
...BUT it's highlighted a fair bit of weakness where my leg muscle was cut for the titanium rod
Happily Spilly was there to help out with some dodgy under-the-counter medication, that took the edge off and allowed me to stay out for the rest of the day.
The mission for the day was to start a race without requiring a helicopter evacuation - mission accomplished!

The practice starts component of RYM is fantastic. I only wish I'd known about it sooner!!
There's a theory session where they go through the lights/flags sequence etc and they give you an idea of what you should be aiming to do with throttle/clutch etc.
Their advice was to hold revs/biting point just before the peak power band of whatever machine you were on.. good advice!
After that, a whole session devoted to gridding up then launching the bike. Thanks to a whole host of great tips from Stu, Carl, Dan, Marshy and Stevem I had plenty of things to try.
Happy to say that armed with this knowledge, everything that I tried worked great with no wheelies or STALLS
Some things worked better than others but having so many opportunities to practice, I was able to settle on a system that worked every time and was predictable.
I would seriously recommend RYM to anybody looking for more start practice or looking to get in to racing. The whole process is is very straightforward and with double spaced grids, there's really no safer way to get to grips with race starts.