Thread: Budget engine oil choice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ok here is one to think about .. oils ... there is so much hype out there and marketing that sucks a lot of people in . have a look next time you go into supercheap auto and see how the displays are set up ..

I used to look for well known brands that everyone else out there uses , until i came across an Australian owned company that i have been using now since i purchased the bike new in 2009

Gulf Western . www.gulfwestern.com.au

I have had a tour around the factory and was very impressed with the company and they have an excellent customer service .

This might not be for you or what you want to use , fair enough , but the large companies charge way too much for what your getting (in my opinion)

im running the Protectra ultra semi synthetic 15W-50 and the premuim gold in the car .
    2014-08-16 21.23.55.jpg
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Quote Originally Posted by BoB View Post
    Ok here is one to think about .. oils ... there is so much hype out there and marketing that sucks a lot of people in.
    ^^^^ Mega agree ... my suspicion is there is a lot of marketing going on ...

Like some coke addled creatives once convinced women to soak their hands in detergent ... only softness going on there was in their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by BoB View Post
    Ok here is one to think about .. oils ... there is so much hype out there and marketing that sucks a lot of people in . have a look next time you go into supercheap auto and see how the displays are set up ..

I used to look for well known brands that everyone else out there uses , until i came across an Australian owned company that i have been using now since i purchased the bike new in 2009

Gulf Western . www.gulfwestern.com.au

I have had a tour around the factory and was very impressed with the company and they have an excellent customer service .

This might not be for you or what you want to use , fair enough , but the large companies charge way too much for what your getting (in my opinion)

im running the Protectra ultra semi synthetic 15W-50 and the premuim gold in the car .
    2014-08-16 21.23.55.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    ^^^^ Mega agree ... my suspicion is there is a lot of marketing going on ...

Like some coke addled creatives once convinced women to soak their hands in detergent ... only softness going on there was in their heads.

Yea that's what I heard about Motul, price comprises of brand name more than the actual product, so wanna give a try to other smaller brand but with similar quality products, such as those mentioned above

Thread Information