Thread: Where to get Dunlops?

Where to get Dunlops?

So I went to put in an order for a set of the French slicks 125/65 & 185/65 and the shop I was going to get them from said they're out till... May!!!

I know they sell Dunlops at the track but from memory it wasn't exactly the cheapest place to get them...

Anyone else?

Also are the US threaded any good?

I have a feeling I might have to stick with 190s

Where you buying them from? Local dealer?

Nah... MCtires or whatever they're called. Qld shop but $20/set delivered so not too bad

just go get em when you do a ride day at the creek , there not overpriced and you dont have to do 2 trips , there there 4u waiting

They've still got a set listed for sale on their eBay page Ed if you're quick....

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/161589984...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Yep it's listed but when called she said they don't have any... then something about forgeting to update inventory bla bla bla

The Creek it is then

Hey Ed, I have a brand new set of French Dunlops for sale. The front is the newer 120/70 size, not that silly 125/65 with no sidewall. 302 front, which is the harder, betterer compound. T886 rear which is the med-hard one that FX are now using. Very long lasting.

$500.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Where did you get the 120/70 from??? I hateeee the 125/65 profile. Is it going to be a new tyre size available to the public??
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

I was ferreting around in the dunlop tyre bunker this afternoon (long story) and picked it up. They will all be that size soon.... nobody liked the 125/65, and while they still had a large pile of them in the bunker, there were a stack of the new ones too, ready for FX next month. They told me FX Superbikes will be on the softer 343 compound this year, same as Pro-Twins have been for a while. But it would surprise me a bit, because the superbike guys arced up at the 343 last year so they gave them the 302. I tried the 343 in November (admittedly in the 125/65 profile) and thought it was rubbish. Waaaay too soft for the heat.

What size is the rear, Marshy? You might just have to pack that set up for tomorrow!

195/65, Ed. The standard dunlop slick size these days

Don't worry - they go great on a 600!!

I wanted something skinnier. How much do you want for the front if you're willing to separate the set?
    Last edited by Mr.Ed; 28-02-2015 at 10:39 AM.

I'm gonna keep them as a set, sorry. It's a cheep cheep price; I'm sure they will be snapped up quickly.

No worries!

I would buy them if they were a 343 front

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Ha. They tried to give me a 343, but I wanted the 302. In the UK version, the 302 shits all over the 343. Haven't tried the Fr versions yet, but can't imagine it would be too different.

I know the 302 is a better compound wear wise.

Just the stupid rules

You still got these marshy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    do a burnout

Nope, sorry Dan. Sold them.

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Dunno what supp regs you were reading, chubb. I just checked because someone said the Twins were running the 302 this year, but no. The ProTwins run 343 fronts all year. The Superbikes run a 302 for rounds 1 and 7, and a 343 the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Dunno what supp regs you were reading, chubb. I just checked because someone said the Twins were running the 302 this year, but no. The ProTwins run 343 fronts all year. The Superbikes run a 302 for rounds 1 and 7, and a 343 the rest.
    Superbike C/D grade check again.

heres a link
    http://www.fxsuperbikes.com.au/wp-co...unlop-FAQs.pdf
    Last edited by chubb; 09-03-2015 at 03:28 PM.

LOL, I can't find it anywhere! It says the 'homologated tyre list' but that doesn't seem to be anywhere on the site. Anyway, I've completely lost interest now, so never mind. I was keen to enter, but now the twin tyre is the 343 again, I'm not going to.

I edited my post to add a link...

just go Formula Oz?

So, it's not in the supp regs, it's not on the competitor info page, isn't in the news listing. Dunno how you found it, to be honest. Someone send you a direct link?

No thanks. Riding FOZ on the stock aprilia is like when I rode in Oz on the 600.

So, it's not in the supp regs, it's not on the competitor info page, isn't in the news listing. Dunno how you found it, to be honest. Someone send you a direct link?

No thanks. Riding FOZ on the stock aprilia is like when I rode in Oz on the 600.
    it was on there... that's how I found it I saved it and printed a hard copy.. looked at it seems like they took away the link???? direct searching still works though..

Dunno why people would like to know which tyres they need to set their bike up for, prior to actually turning up at a race meet.....

Honestly, if TON took a 4th of the money Dunlop pay him from each of the four main tyre suppliers, then let people choose their brand and compound from a homologated list (ie no 'specials' not available to everyone), and took a smaller cut of all those tyres, he'd be no worse off financially, but he'd also attract heaps of extra entries, and have much happier customers. The insistence on relying solely on Dunlop to make his coin (and make no mistake, it's a very lucrative arrangement for TON and Dunlop) is a classic case of not seeing the wood for the trees.

Dunno why people would like to know which tyres they need to set their bike up for, prior to actually turning up at a race meet.....

Honestly, if TON took a 4th of the money Dunlop pay him from each of the four main tyre suppliers, then let people choose their brand and compound from a homologated list (ie no 'specials' not available to everyone), and took a smaller cut of all those tyres, he'd be no worse off financially, but he'd also attract heaps of extra entries, and have much happier customers. The insistence on relying solely on Dunlop to make his coin (and make no mistake, it's a very lucrative arrangement for TON and Dunlop) is a classic case of not seeing the wood for the trees.

Thread Information