Thread: Replace OEM LHS TC/ABS switch BMW S1000RR

Replace OEM LHS TC/ABS switch BMW S1000RR

I'm on my second OEM switch block on a 2010 and it's gone again. Can't justify the expense of the aftermarket alpha/stm switchs etc.

So I thought that given the constant OEM failures and high cost of prewired aftermarket solutions that it might be of interest to any race/track bike owners not requiring the other switches (blinker, headlights, horn etc) or even if you want to remove the switch for safe keeping in case of a crash at the track. Or if like happened to me at a race meeting, you're at the track and your switch fails and you want to be able to switch TC/ABS on/off and nobody has a spare.

I've stationary tested it and works fine. No warning lights or faults. I won't get a chance to double check everything and ride the bike for another month or so.

The below photos show the plug and the pins within the plug that operate the TC/ABS button.

The wires if you wish to splice into them are brown/blue & brown/black.

The end result is this complicated piece is removed and goes:

To this - single round black momentary switch allows switching of the Traction Control and ABS if you have it connected.

Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Awesome work

Hi Rick, So the two wires you joined together do traction and ABS ? Do you have your abs on the bike or is it removed ? My ABS pump has been removed, just wondering if that would trigger a fault code or something silly. Nice work man, get rid of all that crap on the left bar. Cheers

Very tidy! Nice work, Rick.
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    Hi Rick, So the two wires you joined together do traction and ABS ? Do you have your abs on the bike or is it removed ? My ABS pump has been removed, just wondering if that would trigger a fault code or something silly. Nice work man, get rid of all that crap on the left bar. Cheers
    Hey Steve,
    I just used the wire in the photo to show which pins. It's normally open circuit and you just need a momentary switch to close it (same as OEM)
    My ABS is also removed. There are no codes coming up and as far as I can tell from the original switch block it is just a switch, albeit a complicated one.
    I can't be 100% sure until I can ride it and the bike goes through the TC self test. I'd ride it up the road if I didn't live opposite a highway patrolman.
    It's a good way to go to get rid of those vulnerable plastics even just to take the oem switch off for safe keeping

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Quote Originally Posted by Negrogrande View Post
    Awesome work
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Very tidy! Nice work, Rick.
    Cheers

Rick , the bit you removed with the blue buttons looks like something that controls the tardis ..
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Quote Originally Posted by BoB View Post
    Rick , the bit you removed with the blue buttons looks like something that controls the tardis ..
    Agreed!!!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Thread Information