Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New racebike build....

nice to see a proper belly pan now

Looks Great!!!

Busy cutting stickers last night. Will sticker it up tonight and take some more pics
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Now that does look good

Fairings look fantastic in the flesh. Jaw dropping. Such a babe.
    do a burnout

The bike looks AWESOME!!!!!!

But that ECU is made in Brazil... I'm not too sure I'd risk my life on it. hahahhaha

So jealous!
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    But that ECU is made in Brazil... I'm not too sure I'd risk my life on it. hahahhaha

Sooooooo, you're suggesting it's NOT the same as the MotoGP ones??

Of course they are! That's why the factories don't want it! hahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA!!!!!!!!

Touche.

Can't wait to see it with stickers

And the Carrozzerias!! The red wheels will just blow everything else out of the water...

Some stickers done.... more still to do. A sneak peek:

Also did some stickers on Chris's Pani:

Looking good! Anything black needs to be replaced with carbon stat though! I know a guy who knows a guy....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Spilly1199 View Post
    Looking good! Anything black needs to be replaced with carbon stat though! I know a guy who knows a guy....

I don't have any black on my bikes

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I don't have any black on my bikes
    Like this?

I would legit get my fairings painted that way if I had my time again

I prefer powerpuff girls though

It's strikingly similar actually Ed! Just substitute fluoro pink for the non-fluoro of your bike there, and they are same same

Now that's a classy gal

More stickering done (when will it ever end?!?!?!?).

Another peek:

Ok, finished!!

Looks awesome! The new SS logos on the side fairings look great!

A had a mate with me when I saw the latest pictures and even though we were both in awe with the final result he pointed out he couldn't read your name on the sticker on the screen... I pointed out he's Irish and therefore English is not his forte.

Actually the gap above the racing number at the front is begging for a sticker

Quote Originally Posted by Spilly1199 View Post
    Actually the gap above the racing number at the front is begging for a sticker

Good point... also, it's time Superbike Source Racing got its logo!!

I suggest something along these lines but obviously replacing the slingshot for superbike source

Yea that looks good. There's sites where you can post your logo request and people design them then you pay the winning designer $10 or something. A lot in India or Thailand!

Looks sick!
    What's with the 13 tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Krackeye View Post
    Looks sick!
    What's with the 13 tho.
    Every APE owner has to work the Biaggi no. 3 onto their bike or gear somehow

bhahahahahah

for logo's I use http://www.freelancer.com/ a lot (and I work in a creative/media agency) my second logo (the one on my photos and not my avatar) was $35 and comes in EPS (can scale infinitely) and png (no background colour)

How did that gear lever stroke work out ?, I notice its been drilled and moved

Farkin great, shippy!! The only negative is that it's now extremely difficult to get neutral.....
    In hindsight, the much shorter throw of the woodcraft rearsets PLUS the other mod is a teeny bit too much. It's soooooo easy to shift gears but!

So here's the special bit..... I remove material from the start of the action, to actually make the throttle turn slower than stock for the 0-10% throttle. This helps take out some of the snatchiness when you go from a closed throttle to open. On the R6 and Ape etc, the ride by wire is just too jerky on that first 5 to 10% throttle.

Hey nick, with this secret squirrel mod do you need to do the same to the return side? I've got a really short throttle (progressive 53 degrees) which is fantastic but the pickup is too jerky for my liking so I've done this mod, I took it out 3-4 times and took more and more meat off each time but it doesn't feel like it's done much. I'm happy to take more off but it dawned on me that maybe I need to match it on the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    Hey nick, with this secret squirrel mod do you need to do the same to the return side? I've got a really short throttle (progressive 53 degrees) which is fantastic but the pickup is too jerky for my liking so I've done this mod, I took it out 3-4 times and took more and more meat off each time but it doesn't feel like it's done much. I'm happy to take more off but it dawned on me that maybe I need to match it on the other side.
    I've only done it on the 'on' side. The return should be essentially slack on opening throttle. Maybe check there's enough freeplay on the return side? The overall diameter increase in the cam might be using up all the freeplay, in which case you'd need to either loosen it down at the throttle body end (the return cable isn't usually adjustable at the bars) or yeah, do the mod on both sides.

Let me know! I'd ideally like to take more out of the initial opening too, so I'm keen to improve the mod.

Holy shit, that has come up nice. Well done mate.
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

I've only done it on the 'on' side. The return should be essentially slack on opening throttle. Maybe check there's enough freeplay on the return side? The overall diameter increase in the cam might be using up all the freeplay, in which case you'd need to either loosen it down at the throttle body end (the return cable isn't usually adjustable at the bars) or yeah, do the mod on both sides.

Let me know! I'd ideally like to take more out of the initial opening too, so I'm keen to improve the mod.
    Thanks Nick I'll add some free play to the return side and see how it goes, I got aftermarket cables to I can do it. If I don't like the free play then I'll grove out the other side. I'll definitely ride it before I take off any more meat coz I'd hate to go too far

Wow, that looks awesome! I love the RSV4.

Thread Information