Thread: 600rr auction to trackbike build. 2010- xray model

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

600rr auction to trackbike build. 2010- xray model

With the love of the cbr 600rr and the fact that my current rebuild project was taking a bit too long , i was looking for something at the auction that may speed up me getting to the next trackday outing in stead of using my roadie .
    I took a bit of a gamble and didnt go out to see it in person (dont do this unless your happy to end up with just a pile of spare parts) I thought if its too bad then ill use it for the donor for my next rebuild project. I was very surprised at how low it went for , I knew it didnt have a key and a few goodies on it like the asv levers and the akrapovic slip on , so I thought there must be something major , couldnt wait to go and pick it up.

Picked her up the same day , got her home and up on the table to start undressing her ..

With just sticking with one bike when doing the rebuilds you collect spares and luckily i had a spare subframe and other pieces around to replace the broken / missing parts

So she looked good on first inspection . Asv levers were untouched , and even the mid fairings were saved by the oggy knobs .

Started to remove the tank and noticed extra plugs !! looks like someone needed the power commander unit and has ripped it out , but left a lot of plugs attatched .

Only noticeable damage once the tank was removed was the lh side top mount on the frame , damaged but not too much to worry about . (the other 3 mounts would hold it for now )

Removed the lower side fairings and had a nice surprise... looks like they couldnt get to the quickshifter , pulled the cable and left the plug attatched

Even better surprise up at the front .. a full Akrapovic system (possibly the titanium version)

I started to remove the oggy knob arrangement to access the par system to remove it and was very impressed at the nice bit of workmanship gone in to make these , looks much better than using just the engine mounts through the frame although weigh considerably more . These mount to the frame in several placed and go right through behind the radiator.

After the tank was removed i had to replace one plug on the wiring harness to the injectors as this had been ripped out , luckily they left some extra ones for me to use . No key ment i have to use the ecu from the states and because i only had the 07 -08 one handy (code A02) i had to modify a wire on the ecu for the knock sensor (http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.p...9+knock+sensor) . Also add 12 v to another pin to bypass the H.I.S.S (mod available from the 600rr forum http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.p...ht=bypass+hiss) If doing the mod for the hiss its relatively easy but you need an extra pin , i had an old wiring harness to strip it off .

Starting to come together with a new subframe and straightened the exhaust. The swing arm was too good so it was removed for my roadie and another fitted .

Ram air tube gutted with side holes filled to mount aftermarket clock bracket. New woodcraft clipons with the risers next to fit .

New tank fitted and i took the lock with the passenger seat lock (need this for to the locksmiths to get a couple of numbers from) to get 2 keys cut $65 . Now i can remove the gas cap and fit on the new tank.
    Wiring harness refitted back into battery tray . New Shorai lithium battery purchased on ebay and delivered for $165 now fitted . Oil change and new filter done and its time to start her up .
    All good and sounds sweet on start up .. a nice feeling when it all comes to life.

A few more goodies fitted , Annitori quickshifter from Superbike Source - http://superbikesource.com.au/produc...sion-2%27.html , GB engine casing covers .

Mobile phone holder / lap timer display.

Last edited by BoB; 27-02-2013 at 01:15 AM.

Thread Information