Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xmas present

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Well, as some of you heard, when I rode this 'weapon' I came in saying "Meh. It feels like my stocker, only noticeably less midrange and only a couple of extra hp up top". My educated guess was 118, and I also said if it had more than 120 I'd eat my hat.

So I chucked it on the dyno a couple of days ago, and guess what? Almost 120. No YEC cams (or presumably the matching valves & springs etc). Yes, it's got a thinner head gasket (US$80), and that'll give it some more ponies, but it doesn't have all the goodies that I was told it had (and paid for, mind you).

Not a happy camper. I rang Mark yesterday and let him know, and I'm waiting for him to call me back today.
    ... F##King Joking.

I'm really sorry but the info I received was from several people...I'm spewing and Ill let him who as soon as I see him.

Put it back together an sell it..ASAP.

I just rang him again. Got the 'but everyone knows that bike' line again, and I'm then saying, yeah that's all well and good, but did anyone actually look at it or dyno it?? Nope, nada. It was obvious to me from the first lap on it.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Well that sucks!!!!!!! Probably best to put all the stuff back on it and sell it as that "known" bike... but then i guess the next person wont be too happy either :(

I know this young bloke that's using his dads old r6, he might be interested at the rite price....... he is pretty quick too

Well the thing is what is the seller going to do considering he said it's got all these goodies etc

I dont know what to say really Nick :( ....... I guess the only way you will get anything back from the bike is to take off all the remaining fancy bits, shock, forks , system etc put std ish bits on it ( that you might have laying around ) and sell the bike as is ( not a bad slightly worked 08 R6 trackbike / racebike ) and try make up some money selling the bits taken off.... theres always someone wanting trixy bits and you can make a $$$ or 3 there

Wow....cheeky! Marshy, surely someone selling you an R6 would know you would pull it apart to see what makes it tick.

False/misleading/incorrect advertising....break in contract.....full refund.......and a huge apology.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Well, as some of you heard, when I rode this 'weapon' I came in saying "Meh. It feels like my stocker, only noticeably less midrange and only a couple of extra hp up top". My educated guess was 118, and I also said if it had more than 120 I'd eat my hat.

So I chucked it on the dyno a couple of days ago, and guess what? Almost 120. No YEC cams (or presumably the matching valves & springs etc). Yes, it's got a thinner head gasket (US$80), and that'll give it some more ponies, but it doesn't have all the goodies that I was told it had (and paid for, mind you).

Not a happy camper. I rang Mark yesterday and let him know, and I'm waiting for him to call me back today.

I'd say to the previous owner "Ok, so you're saying it DOES have all the goods, right?! Cool... We'll take it to a mechanic and will let him open it up and tell us. If you're right, I'll pick up the bill. If you're wrong, we undo the deal 'cause you didn't give me the bike I paid for. And pick up the bill"

I'm sure there is maybe some kind of consumer law between private buys as well??

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    I'm sure there is maybe some kind of consumer law between private buys as well??
    Prolly small claims tribunal....

And Ed, Mark is saying that he thought it had the goodies, and he's as surprised as me that they are not in there. He's not saying that I'm wrong. But he had 3 R6s in total, and I can't believe he honestly thought it was 130+ horsepower, because both his other ones were well-sorted stockers and would've felt pretty much the same.

130+ should pull like a 750 I would have thought

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    130+ should pull like a 750 I would have thought
    Agreed. It should pull like a randy teenager. And it didn't. At all.

Thread Information