Seems to be the season for rebuilds so here is where I'll be putting up the progress of mine. Since the crash I've been flat out, both figuratively and literally, so I've been unable to get to the workshop to start fixing my baby up.

I have, however, been spending too my time and money on eBay and FX classifieds so I have been collecting parts. In my OxyContin daze I decided that USD forks would be pretty cool and upon discovering 2003-2004 forks bolt straight in I set about sorting some out. $71 later I had forks from eBay. Went out to pick them up and old mate also had a master cylinder and calipers so I handed over another $70 and got the lot. One of the fork caps was buggered though so I ended up at Metros and for $95 got the full cartridge and spring to swap straight in. They didn't come with a top clamp but found a full triple clamp set in the states and bought that for $120 delivered.

So here I am now in the workshop pulling the front end apart and hit a road block. What is the best way to hold the bike up while I pull the current triple clamps off and mock fit the new ones? Obviously my head stand will prevent the removal of the lowers so I'm guessing I have to suspend the front from something fairly solid to hold the weight of the bike. Any backyard solutions that could be recommended for use with a moonboot?