Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Post your track photos

Well seeing you are bringing out the oldies I dug some of mine out. Here's a few from mid 1994 to mid 1998. Sorry about the quality but they are pictures of pictures.

The first one is 1994 at Eastern Creek on my RGV250 before I turned it into a race bike. I'd been riding motorbikes for a total of about 2 years here. It's funny to look at these compared to the pictures of today.

IMAG0688.jpg

This one is mid 1994 at Amaroo. My very first race meeting. I'm 5th last in this pic.

IMAG0689.jpg

I don't have any from 1995. These next ones are 1996 at the Port Kembla TT.

IMAG0690.jpg

To give you an idea of the size of the Grids back then. This is at Eastern Creek I think in 1996 in the 250cc Production Class.

IMAG0693.jpg

These ones are at Oran Park in 1997 at the 6 Hour. I raced a GSXR750. A mate loaned us his road bike to race at it and we threw some fairings on it and raced in the 6 Hour.

IMAG0694.jpg

RGV250 1997. I think the top pic is Oran Park and the bottom one is Eastern Creek old turn 12.

IMAG0691.jpg

Last but not least, RS125 in 1998 at Eastern Creek. I did about 4 meetings on this bike and then retired.

IMAG0695.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Stu23 View Post
    Ill have to see if I can scan some of mine and load em up.. yes kids I raced before digital cameras were invented !!
    I went even less technological then you Stu. I took pictures of my pictures because it was too hard to scan them in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    The first one is 1994 at Eastern Creek on my RGV250 before I turned it into a race bike. I'd been riding motorbikes for a total of about 2 years here.
    1994??? Best year ever, the year the world was blessed with my presence. Anyone feeling old yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I see your purple Dainese leathers, Rick, and raise you purple Dainese leathers with a matching purple helmet!! I have the same model Gaerne boots as you, but mine were red....

This is 1999, on my '98 Blade at Oran Park.

Look at those old school riding positions!!!

DSCF0011.jpg

Pits, UK style, and notice the scooter racer in the background

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post
    1994??? Best year ever, the year the world was blessed with my presence. Anyone feeling old yet?
    Setiously who the hell was born in 94?! Feeling very old...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSCF0275.jpg
    Now who is this youngster ?

DSCF0058.jpg

Kids colour schemes, well ya have to don't you certainly got me noticed !

DSCF0210.jpg

Races at Elvington were always fun, lots of run off on a 2 mile airfield ( space shuttle reserved emergency runway for the northern hemisphere )

DSCF0066.jpg

Pre HM Dash ROFL....

Croft.jpg

Racing at Croft, was a brilliant day this one

DSCF0029.jpg

and Racing at Cadwell, stay tight right for big air, or wide left for drive into Hall bends great days

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post

These ones are at Oran Park in 1997 at the 6 Hour. I raced a GSXR750. A mate loaned us his road bike to race at it and we threw some fairings on it and raced in the 6 Hour.

IMAG0694.jpg
    I like these ones
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

That's from June/July 2013 first time I got my knee down turn 2 taken by Phil and my first track day was in March.

Post your track photos

Just noticed your front folding.

Did it end it tears after? Or is it just an optical illusion?

Some cool pics and memories posted today. Purple was it Nick

Stu, looks like every photo you've got wets on?

Who remembers pillion sessions at ride days?

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

My bad it didn't load

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post

Who remembers pillion sessions at ride days?
    That happened till not too long ago... I remember them on the last year OP was still open. What year was that again? 2009??

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    That happened till not too long ago... I remember them on the last year OP was still open. What year was that again? 2009??
    sorry! I have no info from 1997 until 2011. As far as I knew they ended in 1997

1497591_770605396286289_1679181628_n.jpg

4th ever trackday, now actually deciding NOT to drag the knee Can post slider pics as proof of kneedownness

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Just noticed your front folding.

Did it end it tears after? Or is it just an optical illusion?
    Noticed that as well. Might be on the way back up? Might explain where the knee is...

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Noticed that as well. Might be on the way back up? Might explain where the knee is...
    Nope, that's just the lean angle the bike was capable of - the dunlop fronts were that good way back then too! I love this pic, because it shows how rubbish my style was (and still is!!) on right handers. On the left, I was knee-down everywhere, but on rights I was ALWAYS like this - right knee hard against the tank. I still today have major trouble touching my right knee down. I am forever swapping worn knee sliders from the left to the right, and untouched ones from the right to the left!!!!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Rusty was this a Shell round. If so I think I was on this grid also, up the back somewhere. The grids were big, you had to qualify just for 250 proddies.

To give you an idea of the size of the Grids back then. This is at Eastern Creek I think in 1996 in the 250cc Production Class.

IMAG0693.jpg

I think this is a D grade race at a St George meet in 96. Man the RGV was fun. 6ft 2 and 95kegs was a bit much for bike 72.
    m bike RGV on the grid.jpg

R1 in 99
    m bike R1 turn2.jpg

And some other thing that went ok, race track was a few hundred feet above the Great Barrier Reef. No I am not a pilot.
    hornet 4.jpg

Oh and hi this is my first post, so I am no longer a Tarmac Talk stalker.

Hey Trap, Yeah it was at an ARRC round. Yeah the grids were huge back in those days. I never went any good at Aussie Title Rounds. For some reason I always went slower at them than at Club or State rounds. Are you still racing or come back to racing? I started again in 2013 after retiring in 1998.

Nah no racing for me, just got back into track days about 12 months ago after 13 years of no bike. Building a house in Newy so fun tickets are a bit short on this year but will manage a couple of track days.

This ones for Bob.
    Although it might be photoshopped, as the Honda is in front!

Nice pic Rick
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Quote Originally Posted by Slow bro View Post

Couple of pics from last Sunday.
    looking good out there slow bro , and the times looking good to match . You need to come out and play in the st george rounds with us now , no excuses like "i'm not fast enough.."
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

image.jpg

image.jpg

Some pics from last Sunday.

Last Sunday aswell.

Stalking my motard mate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by Slow bro View Post
    image.jpg

image.jpg

Some pics from last Sunday.
    You know you've been away for too long when slow bro actually paints one of his bikes...

It's not paint. It's replacement fairings......

Stop it... now you're making me feel old!!

How does one get a track marshalling/riding gig? I want one, the budget has been reduced with the crash and imminent house purchase

Quote Originally Posted by BoB View Post
    looking good out there slow bro , and the times looking good to match . You need to come out and play in the st george rounds with us now , no excuses like "i'm not fast enough.."

Yeah slow bro you should have a go. You look like your not even straining yourself and doing it easy. Unlike me I'm still feeling the pain of joy.
    No...I'm not loving that and I'm not loving that! But I'm loving this!

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/oran-...il-2009-702765

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/track...d-video-625380

Quote Originally Posted by Medic! View Post
    Yeah slow bro you should have a go. You look like your not even straining yourself and doing it easy. Unlike me I'm still feeling the pain of joy.
    He's not straining. He rides all day in all sessions, stops occasionally for a smoko and then helps pack up. He's an endurance freak!
    Love you Noel

Looking good mate. Love the white leathers.
    do a burnout

hahaha, yeh... if i find somewhere that does leather painting or sells leather paint they will be white and fluoro yellow soon... with the fluro yellow bell helmet that we have. I love that shot of me passing the KTM in the bottom of the new section.. Plus i now have visual Knee down confirmation at multiple corners

Waproo will be the weapon if choice!!!

Looking great, Rick!! Like you haven't even been away.

Post your track photos

Thanks Nick. Was good to see you and catch up. Took me a while to feel reasonably normal on the bike. Then after going out on track 6 times on Saturday, I was knackered come Sunday - my bike isn't the easiest thing to hang on to being unfit.
    Qualified ok on Sunday alongside Wetty, and if that dude hadn't lost it in front of me on the 2nd lap, I may have been able to play with you two for another lap.
    You may have noticed I've fixed my starts

exactly what i was thinking!!

thanks to all the photographers posting pics around the place. they are coming up awesome! makes me look fast even if i can't get my knee down like the cool kids

Last edited by tempest; 10-11-2014 at 10:17 PM.

Looking good mate!!!

Looking good Scotty.
    Yes we are a lucky bunch to have talented and generous individuals devoting their time and capturing memories for us on track.
    Thank you to them

Some shots from track days over the years

My old street bike from 2007

2011 and 2012

And some from last friday

Last edited by WRCPUG; 22-12-2014 at 10:16 PM.

2015 MV AGUSTA F3 800
    2010 RSV4 FACTORY (TRACK BIKE)
    2007 KTM 300EXC

2005 CBR1000RR (TRACK BIKE SOLD)
    2004 KTM125SX (SOLD)
    2008 YAMAHA R1 (CRASHED)
    2002 YAMAHA R6 (SOLD)

A few from 2014

Thread Information