Thread: Post your track photos

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I just look like an unco fuckwit in all of mine. Consistency !!

Nostalgia

The year is 1995. I'm living in Cherrybrook and my housemate (yes he was Asian) comes home with a nearly new Fireblade with a Yoshi pipe, top of the line Arai helmet and custom made race leathers with his name and cool sponsors stitched all over. (you must look cool when riding around the local shopping centre)

I was in awe, and hadn't ridden a bike since I was a kid. Not to be outdone, I went and bought some magazines and started researching and looking for the fastest bike you could buy. I didn't know that they should also handle, I just read "the fastest production bike in the world" so I bought a ZZR1100

I got it from the Kawasaki dealer in Parramatta. I didn't know at the time but Wetty worked there I arrived to pick up my bike and of course all my new gear with a mate who had just got his rider L's. I still had not ridden a bike since I was a kid and also did not yet have a license. There was a bit of a discussion about legalities with the salesman and the key was handed over. I take 20 mins in the car park working out how to put this gear on etc and then came the comedy act of trying to get it off the centre stand. Work it out eventually and get it started then proceed to wobble literally down the drive onto the street.

I concede and tell my mate I'm too nervous to double you, you'll have to double me. I do go and get my lic and do a stay upright course to learn to ride faster and discovered the track. So I then proceed to turn the big girl into a track bike and decide I need more power to catch the other bikes - custom rearsets, solo seat, big bore kit Yoshi cams, head work and jet kit, thanks.

A little over a year later I'm digging track riding and want something more suitable and lighter zx9b (not)
    I ride another year and then park the bike due to business and other things getting the way. It sits in the garage until I sell it and don't touch a bike again.

2011 rolls around, approx 14 years since my last ride. My brother turns up to my place on his just purchased K8 GSXR1000. I start researching the fastest bike I can buy..............

The rest, most of you know
    Last edited by senator8; 07-01-2014 at 10:28 AM.
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnalian View Post
    I just look like an unco fuckwit in all of mine. Consistency !!
    Do share ...

Thread Information