Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
I'd be crying in my helmet if my bike launched that badly! I feel sorry for you - it looked a lot worse in this video than Cerby's one. The whole field just passed you by.

And did you need to change your undies after the exit of T12 on the second-last lap? That was pretty close to the dirt.....
Yes the starts are demoralising.

Going round the outside of T12 is a fave of mine. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. I keep a close eye on the inside bike and he started to run it out so I changed line to give plenty of room but he pulled it back in. I know it doesn't look like it, but I wasn't worried and thus kept it pinned

Quote Originally Posted by Stu23 View Post
I noticed that Nick .. Great to catch them all and overtake most though, great racing..... just imagine if you got off the line well !!
I'm trying to imagine Stu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
Great video but... why no drafting on the straight? If I rode my 600 like that on the straight I'd be screwed... hahahaha
Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
its a BMW you don't need to..but yes why no drafting???

Nice pass on the outside of Turn 1.

I feel sorry for you Rick about the clutch and your starts
If I was dicing for a place, I may have drafted. But as it was really just for midpack fun, I've been caught out before and now just avoid it unless I really know the rider. Drafting someone and they brake, roll off, miss a a gear etc actually requires emptying the leathers after.

This vid is from earlier in the year at the Barry Sheene Festival of Speed. After first lap mishaps, I was determined to hunt down the 2 1000's in front so that I would not get pushed back to the 3rd row on the grid. I used the T12 outside pass and a little bit more (it's last lap BTW if you don't want to watch the whole thing)