Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Next track/race bike build - it's GREEN!!

sweet...gonna look sharp out there Grant... you going into the FX round 4-6th October?
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post
    sweet...gonna look sharp out there Grant... you going into the FX round 4-6th October?
    Nope... Might go for a look, but not to race... I will be surprised if I make the St George round. I'll be at South circuit on Monday, and would like to get close to a 60 second lap... Depends how fast I get up to speed with the bike.

EDIT: at the end of the Bernie day... if I can do better than last time I was on South on my 1000, I will be happy.
    Last edited by DisPlaCeD; 25-09-2013 at 10:47 AM.
    Isle of Man TT Apprentice.
    Racing... it's life. Everything else is just waiting.
    2008 Suzuki GSXR1000 Race bike -SOLD
    2010 Kawasaki ZX6R Race bike (my chariot for the IOMTT)

In no time im sure!!

Quote Originally Posted by DisPlaCeD View Post
    Nope... Might go for a look, but not to race... I will be surprised if I make the St George round. I'll be at South circuit on Monday, and would like to get close to a 60 second lap... Depends how fast I get up to speed with the bike.
    See you out there

EDIT: at the end of the Bernie day... if I can do better than last time I was on South on my 1000, I will be happy.
    If you do a 60 s lap you will hae to give Marshy a tow...
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

If I do a 60 second lap (which I only said "I would like to get close to"... and honestly, who wouldn't?!!!) I will probably ask to have my transponder checked lol

If you're faster on it on the first day than you were on a bike you were used to, kiss it on the mouth (ram air?) and tuck it in at night. I know I did. hahahaha But then again, I went from the R6 to it, different bikes and etc but not as different as from a 1000 to a 600.

Sneak a 10r engine in there.. surely its doable

If I do a 60 second lap (which I only said "I would like to get close to"... and honestly, who wouldn't?!!!) I will probably ask to have my transponder checked lol
    By close do you mean that you will be disappointed with anything over 1:01?

Yeah but only just. I was sooooo close to getting into the 60 sec bracket (61 point zero-something, from memory), that it's clearly not too much of a stretch target. Besides, if these damn green machines are as good as you all are saying, it should be a walk in the park! GB will get close, as he said.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    If you're faster on it on the first day than you were on a bike you were used to, kiss it on the mouth (ram air?) and tuck it in at night. I know I did. hahahaha But then again, I went from the R6 to it, different bikes and etc but not as different as from a 1000 to a 600.
    It's an unknown quantity man... maybe I won't be such a wuss on the throttle compare to my 1000?? haha And I'm comfortable kissing a motorcycle... don't have to make it weird... haha

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Sneak a 10r engine in there.. surely its doable
    Let me look in to it... I reckon it would pass scruity. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Yeah but only just. I was sooooo close to getting into the 60 sec bracket (61 point zero-something, from memory), that it's clearly not too much of a stretch target. Besides, if these damn green machines are as good as you all are saying, it should be a walk in the park! GB will get close, as he said.
    Thanks for the words of encouragement haha I'll be happy just to get back out on the track and if I set a goal, regardless of what anyone else thinks, it's something to aim for, if I don't make it this time around... then I'll go back... if I don't make that time, I'll go back, so on and so forth...

th_backpeddling.gif

sorry! couldn't help myself
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

now now play nicely.

Bike was just picked up by GB. Sad to see it go. It sounds freakin' awesome with the mid-pipe and that end can!

Will be one happy convert
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Bike was just picked up by GB. Sad to see it go. It sounds freakin' awesome with the mid-pipe and that end can!
    You could start again.

http://www.pickles.com.au/damaged-sa...ycle/402191159

http://www.manheim.com.au/damaged-ve...=SearchResults

pickles one is good for an engine spare....
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Find me a German for spares
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Pickles are now doing all IAG salvage - exclusive for 5 years I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddie View Post
    You could start again.
    The shed is looking a bit empty now, so yeah I'm keen....!

Although there's still two builds to finish off. First one is a clubsport bike. Started doing some work after Grant left:

Full exhaust coming through Marshy?

Marshy what kind of bolts/pins/majiggas did you use for those 2 to attach the under tray to the duck tail? mines just zip tied to the subframe out of the way at the moment. Functional but not pretty as it leaves a big gap lol

I use wellnuts, for there and for most places in the tail section (separate undertrays on many bikes, to attach to the subframe, and to attach to the seat support on bikes that have them). I lightly glue the wellnut rubber into place first.

These ones: http://kurveygirl.com/shop/product_i...roducts_id=277

Ah right cheers mate! seems those things are bloody useful will have to get some extra ones already used all the ones mine came with my fairing kit.

Thread Information