Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
More updates pleeeeeease!
Well, it just so happens that a large motorbike parts parcel arrived pretty recently...

Before getting into that tho, got to rip out the old oem Euro 6 system.
SOOOOO heavy, there must be a ridiculous amount of filtering happening in this collector!
To give you an idea of how quiet it is in order to be compliant, the stationary noise test figure is around 80dB!!
I also get to rip out the Lambda sensors and stupid flappers...

With the old headers off, it was a good opportunity to get in and change out the oil and oil filter.
The BMW sump plug can't really be drilled so an aftermarket Titanium cross drilled plug was the go.

Next to fit up the shiny new headers...

Mid pipe... (sensor plugs on the way)

Then the super cool MotoGP style muffler!! BRAAAAAAAAP!! 800dB WHAAAAT???

The end can mounts to the pillion peg, but I reckon it looks kinda weird with the peg removed and potentially a little sharp on a leg, in a crash.
I machined off the ends, and gave it and the supplied bolt, a bit of rattle can love... FACTORY!!

Another feature of Euro 6 compliance, is a standardised OBDII connector for diagnostics, and in my case, the Race Calibration Kit 3.

OBDII is pretty standard, seen in most cars, but I'll need an adapter to connect to the BMW RCK3 computer interface.
I sourced an OBD adapter cable, and will hard wire it into the bike so I can plug in, without removing the tail fairing.
Happily I already have a bunch of room in there, having removed the ABS system...

I ran the other, circular end, just past the battery box and out to the side...

I'll put a locking cap on the connector which will make it waterproof and it can just sit tucked away behind the subframe, until needed..

The next exciting package to arrive was from the good guys at Alpha Racing in Germany. BMW Motorrad's Race Calibration Kit 3 software and motorcycle interface:

I have Race Calibration Kit 2, on my 2013, and it proved itself indispensable for fine tuning traction control and launch control as well as tyre profile etc etc.
The BMW electronics as standard, is setup almost entirely for road use on road tyres. So, getting control over it, to me, is essential to make sure the electronics are helping rather than hindering.
RCK 3 offers the same amount of control as its predecessor, with the added benefit of dedicated and independent wheelie control management and a few extra tweaks. All of it will work alongside the race flash/map for my ECU, that's on its way.