Thread: Enclosed trailer V2.0

Enclosed trailer V2.0

Two years on and I've now sold my original enclosed trailer, decided I needed a bit more room. after looking on line for quite a while, nothing seemed to be the right fit, so custom made was the decision. i spoke with pretty much every trailer builder, all had good and bad points, from the really cheep to the ridiculously expensive. Basically I need to be able to fit both bikes, fuel, gear and a Tyre machine in. with that in mind I initially thought id go with a trailer rated to 3 Tone, that way I would be covered in all circumstances, draw back of that was that the trailer would be locked to only my hilux for towing which i was OK with until i took a 2nd hand trailer over the weigh bridge and it came in at close to 1700kgs !!!just way to heavy to chuck one bike in for a quick ride day....

So my list of requirements now included a bare weight of aprox 800kgs, allowing a payload of 1200Kgs ( enough to get all my gear in for a race weekend) that way I could tow it with the wife's car (or most other cars) , and then use it for family holidays moving lounges ect ect. now its not just a race trailer also

This weight limit seemed to put off a few of the builders, but I eventually went with Keith from KRB Engineering in the Hnunter valley http://www.krbengineering.com.au/ basically I spoke with Keith over the course of a few weeks and he seemed to have a solution to all of my issues, and was happy with the weight requirement.

So the trailer will be 4600mm Long Plus draw bar, 2200 wide, and 1950 high

Initially I wanted the height to be 1600 ( to allow the tyre machine) with a pop up roof, however being quite long the roof structure would need a fair bit of reinforcement to make it secure adding weight, to make it shorter would leave the possibility of leaks so a fixed roof with decent head clearance was decided on. Heat was one of my main concerns, but to combat this were installing dual roof to ventilators ( like what you see on a caravan) one forward, one reverse to circulate air, these will be switched, and have a thermostat so that the come on automatically, and ran off a solar panel / battery.
    KRB put an automatic tail gate motor on all there trailers so thats pretty cool, it'll also have led lights, internal mesh, dual drop axles, a new style of electric breaks that doesn't require connection or specific wiring to the tow vhicle, wifi reverse camera. dual side doors and a front shelf at 1050mm high so my roller tool cabinet can be pushed in. I'm going with Grey this time, black was just to hot previously.

it should be ready soon just waiting on some of the accessories to come in but here’s a sneak Peak.
    IMG_1779.JPGIMG_1776.JPG

I'm looking forward to fitting it out!!!
    Last edited by Ruckos87; 27-12-2017 at 12:34 PM.

Such a nice trailer luke, your going to be very very happy with this one.
    Cannot wait to see it first hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy hot hell, this is going to be amazing!!
    It never occurred to me to get one custom made for your needs. I just sorta squeezed all I could in to an existing one.
    Great Idea, Luke. Can't wait to see it all decked out!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

These arrived today, not a known brand, just an eBay special, but the look pretty solid. I was specifically after front chocks without a wide brace, so I can easily wheel the tyre machine between them

They look great, Luke. Assuming fitment of a 17" front wheel is ok out of the box?

Enclosed trailer V2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    They look great, Luke. Assuming fitment of a 17" front wheel is ok out of the box?
    Yep they’re fine, the side brace is higher than the disk but its wide enough to clear and is directed into the correct position by the initial wheel guide.

Last edited by Ruckos87; 31-12-2017 at 05:47 AM.

She’s here just getting started on fitout

Tie down layout

Carpet as standard.
    I’ve got a cool vid but I’ll need to upload it to you tube to get it up

Hahaha, wow!! This thing is cavernous! You're gonna be able to fit heaps in it!
    NIIIIIICE!!

https://youtu.be/iuykscQJZgI
    So Keith puts an auto tail gate motor on all his trailers, who could say no to that !!!!

It's just perfect! Amazing luke

Fit out done 80%,
    Here a few updates pics, still needs the electrics to be completed, and a better solution for the spare rims, but happy with the tie downs, and the size is perfect

Mate this is looking fantastic!! Great idea with the suit hanger, might have to try that myself!

Enclosed trailer V2.0

I’m loving this trailer, so easy to tow and room for absolutely everything!!!!

Finally got around to finishing off the electrics.
    Solar panel and solar control installed

Esky fridge installed, this I absolutely love!!! I buy drinks food ect when it’s on special and fill it up. No need to rush around getting supplies or ice on the way to the track, abd it’s ALWAYS COLD

The solar panel is enough to run things when it’s out in the open, but where it’s stored there’s no sunlight. So a caravan type set up was the go. Basically power enters through an RCD, then run via normal 240v cabeling to 2 x 4 gang GPOs. That operate like any other GPO once the power is connected. The battery charger, fridge and my airbag suit ( while charging) are all connected to mains.

The fridge also has the 12v connected so as soon as the power is disconnected, the battery kicks in.

Next level trailering, Ruckos!! Really nice work mate.
    Loving the GPOs!!

Thread Information