Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
I have been running the Dunlop H886 (#4) . I ran them in the first round of FX and all year. It is the harder of the dunlops they bring to Oz. The one to be on is H998 (#2). They are the control tyre for ASBK and they didn't have enough to sell during the year although Simon Galloway has been on them.If you can't get the 2's and it is hot enough ( at least +30 track temp) the Yamaha boys tested the 133 soft and found them a close second to the 2's. I did a back to back one day and did a 135.1 on the Dunlop 4 and the VO2 . The 4's I have run down till the dot was gone and done 35's and that is after it was flipped. The fronts I have run the 302 (4 Hard) and the 343 (3 softer) and can't fault either of them . I used the 343 in the colder months and not in summer.
Was that software AIM Nick. I might load mine up .
Thanks mate; that's exactly what i needed. Dunlop said they didn't have any 886s, so the other day I just guessed and ordered 2 of the 998s (#2) and 2 of the 677s (#3), which arrived today. Thought I'd try them both and see. I really like the V02 rears, so it's just a test to see. I also think that I'm leaving the V02 rears on for too many days, as they don't fully wear out if you flip them regularly. And they just get gradually slower over time. If they wore out as quickly as, say, a Pirelli, they'd never get old enough to slow down