Thread: Rnd 5-6 Honda Rjays SMP 2016

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well, my report is a bit all over the place so please bare with me if you will!

My goal for last weekend was to do consistent 45s by the end of it. I hadn't been on the bike since April... and before that since God knows when. And even in April I only did 1½ races, so not much really. This was the 1st time I had cross entered so I was obviously worried about getting too tired on Friday (ARDC Practice day) and not being able to handle all the races on the weekend.

Friday, did only 3 sessions and 2 of those got red flagged and on the 1st I was scrubbing in a new rear tire so didn't really push it all. Plus oil everywhere... I tried to follow ppl to see if I could improve my lines, played with tire pressure (Thanks heaps Stu!) and all that helped a bit. Not many laps in the end so shouldn't have worried. Did a best of '47 something, I think. Drank lotsa water though.

Saturday, started with the D grade FP and took it very easy. Again, concerned about fitness... Best of '51 on that session. Then skipped 600cc FP and got a new front tire before the clubsport FP (Thanks heaps Brian's dad... wish I had a better memory for names but at least I didn't call Brian "Ben" anymore. I think) so again scrubbing new tire, didn't push hard and only did 3 laps. Best of 1:47.042.

From there went to 600cc qualy where I got an amazing P26 (1:46.321) out of 40 ppl in that session (45 registered)... I say amazing 'cause I honestly thought I was gonna be even further back. I was still happy with the time though as that was pretty much my best lap time in April. Clubsport qually and I got P19 (1:45.933), PB for the year so again happy!

600cc 1st race, great start!

By far one of the best things is a decent start on a 5 lap race... not only it pretty much guarantees you a good result but it also allows you to ride amongst riders that are quite faster than you are, so lots to learn there! Unfortunately made a mess of T5 when I got caught with my hand on a weird angle and couldn't shut the throttle out of T4 and was braking and accelerating at the same time (?)... It never happened to me before or since so I have no idea how or why I did that! Hopefully it was also the last time. New PB of the year on that race too... 1:45.191

PS: I'll finish the report on the next few days as I upload the videos and etc. Also better to break it up so you don't fall sleep too hard reading all this!
    Last edited by Mr.Ed; 07-11-2016 at 09:43 PM.

Thread Information