Thread: Why should I spend good money on a helmet?

Why should I spend good money on a helmet?

Enough said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch. I have a Shark with a cracked shell on the bench. Took a big hit when I highsided a couple of years ago. I had no neck pain at all. Bought another Shark.
    do a burnout

Faaark! How you fairing Johnny? I think Friday was one of the strangest days. Fate had it in for the bikes that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Krackeye View Post
    Faaark! How you fairing Johnny? I think Friday was one of the strangest days. Fate had it in for the bikes that day.
    Bit beat up. End up with bad dislocation of the shoulder, couple of breaks in the joint AND a broken wrist and thumb from the doc putting my shoulder back in!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
    Bit beat up. End up with bad dislocation of the shoulder, couple of breaks in the joint AND a broken wrist and thumb from the doc putting my shoulder back in!

Can still type though!
    do a burnout

Geez sorry to hear mate. What happened?
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

WTF! Did you not tell them you were mountain biking. Was it Dr Nick Riviera?

I remeber my first helmet experience, was not wanting to buy an expensive one, incase I crashed!!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Don't forget the old Bell Helmets ad from the 70's in the USA.... "If you have a $10 head, buy a $10 helmet. If your head is worth more, buy a Bell."
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by KANGA View Post
    Geez sorry to hear mate. What happened?
    Just lost the front in turn 3. It was at the exit (I think) which is a bit different to the tip in front end lose in 3.

Why should I spend good money on a helmet?

[QUOTE=Marshy;27139]

That's HIM!

Last edited by johnnyb; 07-06-2016 at 11:12 AM.

Just lost the front in turn 3. It was at the exit (I think) which is a bit different to the tip in front end lose in 3.

This is the exact thing that happened to me in the 3rd session. I faired slightly better with only a tweaked shoulder and gravel rash to my right hand. Glad your doing ok mate.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jaswib View Post
    This is the exact thing that happened to me in the 3rd session. I faired slightly better with only a tweaked shoulder and gravel rash to my right hand. Glad your doing ok mate.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Heard you also had a spill at the same spot. Glad you walked away from it.

Fingers crossed our next day out will be better than our last.

I'm still convinced Westmead broke my ankle. First time they relocated it they got the flap of skin that was hanging loose stuck in between the joints. I had an x-ray before it which showed no breaks. They ended up having to dislocate it and pull the flap of skin out and relocate it again. Then in for surgery.
    3 months later I found out the ankle actually is broken and have to get several chips of broken bone removed. Kind of a blessing though because they also discovered 2 ligaments weren't attached and I was missing a large chunk of cartilage. Emergency surgeon missed a few things ay
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

I understand emergency docs missing things when they are try to save your really fucked. Get the vitals back and go back and deal with the rest.

When it's just a common procedure there is no need to be a bush mechanic and send you on your way.

Guy that did me looked straight out of uni that had never worked on (or talked to) a live human. Type of guy that's all theory.....

My broken shoulder was missed when I was in, too!
    I think you're right tho, Johnny - they're concentrating on the worst bits to get you stabilised.
    In my case, it was the femural bone sticking out of my leathers that wanted attention!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

That will get your attention .

Westmead missed two breaks in my neck. That wasn't picked up until over a year later when I busted my collar bone. Strange they missed it as my main symptom was a sore neck!

Thread Information