What can I say? I have terrible impulse control. Since then I've also bought a NSR150 because it was a good deal. I have a... well, problem is a pretty loaded word. I prefer 'enthusiasm'.

There are a couple of things that need work but I'll get to that later after I give a little history on the bike.

It was purchased new in 2005 (obviously), ridden for a bit and turned in a track bike by the original owner. I have all the purchase paperwork and original manual. The bloke I bought it off picked it up because he was doing days on his MV Brutale and decided he didn't want to drop it. He punted around in yellow group before coming off at T5 and parking it up. It has about 9500km on it and still had the OEM foam bits under the fairings. At one stage it looked like this:

Unfortunately, by the time I got to it the aesthetics had changed a little.

Nothing terminal but obviously a little work to do. The other issue was that it wouldn't actually start. The starter relay emitted a clicking noise that I'll demonstrate in a later post. After some mucking around we still couldn't get it to start so I was looking at a non runner that I was pretty sure had an answer but couldn't solve on the spot.

The owner had a spare set of fairings and a spare set of wheels plus some other bits so doing some math in my head as to what the sum of its parts would be valued at in the worst case scenario the thing was rooted we came to a price and I was the delusional new owner of a 2005 Kawasaki ZX6RR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk