Last year after the FXRRC season I decided it was probably time to play around with something different. Figured I'd give the old Suzie a lick of paint, try flog her off then after my o/s trip with the girlfriend in June this year - that I leave for in a week - I'd look at getting another bike and becoming a regular at the track again. Due to the old foes time and money, in 2015 I only did race days and it really wasn't enough to ever be comfortable on the bike and everything always felt rushed. I hadn't really been out much since my big crash in 2013 so that didn't really help either.

Was chatting to Kanga about my idea and how I was leaning towards going green. Kawasakis run in my family - my old man bought a Z1 new in 1972 and also had a S2 and an H1,- so we've always had a soft spot for them. In the shed, in various states of completeness, we have two H1s, a Z1, a ZX9r, ZR1100 and a 2008 ZX6R so you can probably pick up on a theme here.

Despite at this point (December 2015) not wanting a bike, having no interest in buying a bike, having no time to do anything with a bike, Mick said that a mate of a mate was selling a ZX6RR. I always really liked the undertail exhaust Kwakas and although I was never going to buy it but there's no harm in knowing what's out there, right?

Next minute...

I think I must have blacked out or something because when came to someone had loaded this onto the ute and stolen my wallet. Quite a bizarre set of circumstances, at least that's how I described it to my girlfriend.

So there I was 2 days before Christmas, with yet another bike in the shed that I wasn't in a position to use. Awesome. DB strikes again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk